Research Scientist, ICPSR - Summer Program
- 2106B ISR-Perry
Saundra K. Schneider is the Director of the Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research at ICPSR and Professor in the Department of Political Science at Michigan State University. She has a long-standing affiliation with ICPSR, having served as an Instructor in the Summer Program since 1988. Dr. Schneider's research has appeared in a number of leading professional journals, and she has published two books on the governmental response to disasters. Her main research areas are public policy, bureaucratic politics, and state politics, with particular emphases on social welfare, governmental response to disasters, spending priorities across program areas, and public opinion toward federalism.
- ICPSR Summer Program Diversity Initiative. (Saundra Schneider) 2018-2019. Gates Foundation.
- FACTORS IN AGING: Best Practices in Archiving and Sharing Longitudinal Data Resources on Aging. (James W. McNally, Margaret C. Levenstein, Amy M. Pienta, John E. Marcotte, Jared A. Lyle, George C. Alter, Saundra Schneider) 2017-2022. NIA.
- Schneider, Saundra. Forthcoming. "Democratic Policymaking and Community Hazards Management." Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Natural Hazard Science
- Schneider, Saundra. 2018. "Governmental Response to Disasters: Key Attributes, Expectations, and Implications." Pp. 551-568 in Handbook of Disaster Research, Springer.
- Schneider, Saundra, and Marty P. Jordan. 2016. "Political Science Research on Crises and Crisis Communications." in The Handbook of International Crisis Communication Research, edited by Auer, Claudia. John Wiley & Sons.
- Lewis, Daniel C., Saundra Schneider, and William Jacoby. 2015. "The impact of direct democracy on state spending priorities." Electoral Studies 40: 531-538.
- Lewis, Daniel C., Saundra Schneider, and William Jacoby. 2015. "Institutional Characteristics and State Policy Priorities: The Impact of Legislatures and Governors." State Politics & Policy Quarterly 15(4): 447-475.
- Schneider, Saundra. 2015. "Dealing with disaster: public management in crisis situations." London; New York: Routledge.
- Schneider, Saundra, and William Jacoby. 2015. "Graphical Displays for Public Opinion Research." in The Oxford Handbook of Polling and Survey Methods, edited by Lonna Rae Atkeson and R. Michael Alvarez. Oxford University Press.
- Schneider, Saundra, William Jacoby, and Daniel C. Lewis. 2011. "Public Opinion Toward Intergovernmental Policy Responsibilities." Publius-the Journal of Federalism 41(1): 1-30.