Daniel E. Little
Faculty Associate, ICPSR - Membership Archives
Professor, Ford School Of Public Policy
Dr. Little's research interests focus on a range of topics, including the philosophy of social science external link, the philosophy of history, China studies, and economic development studies.
- Little, Daniel E. 2018. "Juan Wang, Sinews of State Power: The Rise and Demise of the Cohesive Local State in Rural China." Journal of Chinese Political Science 23(3): 455-456.
- Little, Daniel E. 2018. "Entangling the social: Comments on Alexander Wendt, Quantum Mind and Social Science." Journal for the Theory of Social Behaviour 48(2): 167-176.
- Little, Daniel E. 2018. "Rational Life Plans?" Pp. 131-145 in The Mystery of Rationality: Mind, Beliefs and the Social Sciences, edited by Bronner, Gérald, Di Iorio, Francesco. Cham: Springer International Publishing.
- Little, Daniel E. 2017. "Disaggregating historical explanation: The move to social mechanisms." Pp. 413-422 in The Routledge Handbook of Mechanisms and Mechanical Philosophy, edited by Glennan, Stuart, Illari, Phyllis. Taylor and Francis.
- Little, Daniel E. 2016. "Comment on Paola Palminiello/1 Calibrating the Utility of Rational Choice Institutionalism." Sociologica 3.
- Little, Daniel E. 2015. "Guiding and modelling quality improvement in higher education institutions." Quality in Higher Education 21(3): 312-327.
- Little, Daniel E. 2015. "Fallibilism and Ontology in Tuukka Kaidesoja's Critical Realist Social Ontology." Journal of Social Ontology 1(2): 349-358.
- Little, Daniel E. 2015. "Mechanisms and Method." Philosophy of the Social Sciences 45(4-5): 462-480.
- Little, Daniel E. 2014. "Actor-Centered Sociology and the New Pragmatism." Pp. 55-75 in Rethinking the Individualism-Holism Debate, Springer.
- Little, Daniel E. 2012. "Analytical Sociology and the Rest of Sociology." Sociologica 1.