Achyuta R. Adhvaryu
Faculty Associate, PSC
Assistant Professor, Ross School Of Business
Achyuta Adhvaryu's research focuses on development economics, health economics and public policy.
- Adhvaryu, Achyuta R., Steven Bednar, Teresa Molinari, Quynh Nguyen, and Anant Nyshadham. Forthcoming. "When It Rains It Pours : The Long-run Economic Impacts of Salt Iodization in the United States." Review of Economics and Statistics
- Mills, Edward J., Achyuta R. Adhvaryu, Pamela Jakiela, Josephine Birungi, Stephen Okoboi, Teddy Nabwire W. Chimulwa, Jonathan Wanganisi, Tina Achilla, et al. 2018. "Unconditional cash transfers for clinical and economic outcomes among HIV-affected Ugandan households." AIDS 32(14): 2023.
- Adhvaryu, Achyuta R., and Anant Nyshadham. 2017. "Health, Enterprise, and Labor Complementarity in the Household." Journal of Development Economics 126: 91-111.
- Adhvaryu, Achyuta R., and Anant Nyshadham. 2016. "Endowments at Birth and Parents' Investments in Children." Economic Journal 126(593): 781-820.
- Adhvaryu, Achyuta R., and Anant Nyshadham. 2015. "Returns to Treatment in the Formal Health Care Sector: Evidence from Tanzania." American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 7(3): 29-57.
- Adhvaryu, Achyuta R. 2014. "Learning, Misallocation, and Technology Adoption: Evidence from New Malaria Therapy in Tanzania." Review of Economic Studies 81(4): 1331-1365.
- Canavan, M. E., H. L. Sipsma, Achyuta R. Adhvaryu, A. Ofori-Atta, H. Jack, C. Udry, I. Osei-Akoto, and E. H. Bradley. 2013. "Psychological distress in Ghana: associations with employment and lost productivity." International Journal of Mental Health Systems 7(9).
- Adhvaryu, Achyuta R., A. V. Chari, and Siddharth Sharma. 2013. "Firing Costs and Flexibility: Evidence from Firms' Employment Responses to Shocks in India." Review of Economics and Statistics 95(3): 725-740.
- Berk, Justin, and Achyuta R. Adhvaryu. 2012. "The impact of a novel franchise clinic network on access to medicines and vaccinations in Kenya: a cross-sectional study." BMJ Open 2(4).
- Adhvaryu, Achyuta R., and Kathleen Beegle. 2012. "The Long-run Impacts of Adult Deaths on Older Household Members in Tanzania." Economic Development and Cultural Change 60(2): 245-277.
- Adhvaryu, Achyuta R., and Anant Nyshadham. 2012. "Schooling, Child Labor and the Returns to Healthcare in Tanzania." Journal of Human Resources 47(2): 364-396.
- Adhvaryu examines whether a simple intervention - asking workers for feedback - might be successful at reducing quit rates
- Adhvaryu on how promoting worker welfare contributes to profitability in India's garment industry
- Indian lab cofounded by Adhvaryu demonstrates links among women's skills training, employment, welfare, and company profits