Jacob C. Fisher
Research Investigator, Innovation, Networks & Knowledge
Dr. Fisher's research focuses on developing and testing better network diffusion models, to understand how ideas, innovations, and information spreading through a group of people help to create and maintain a common culture over time.
- Collaborative Research: Impacts of Hard/Soft Skills on STEM Workforce Trajectories. (Jason D. Owen-Smith, Jacob C. Fisher, Jinseok Kim) 2020-2025. NSF.
- Collaborative Research: New Insights into STEM Pathways: The Role of Peers, Networks, and Demand. (Jason D. Owen-Smith, Jacob C. Fisher) 2018-2021. NSF.
- Copeland, Molly, Jacob C. Fisher, James Moody, and Mark E. Feinberg. Forthcoming. "Different Kinds of Lonely: Dimensions of Isolation and Substance Use in Adolescence." Journal of Youth and Adolescence
- Fisher, Jacob C. Forthcoming. "Social Space Diffusion: Applications of a Latent Space Model to Diffusion with Uncertain Ties." Sociological Methodology
- Fisher, Jacob C. 2018. "Exit, Cohesion, and Consensus: Social Psychological Moderators of Consensus among Adolescent Peer Groups." Social Currents 5(1): 49-66. SAGE Publications.
- Copeland, Molly, Bryce Bartlett, and Jacob C. Fisher. 2017. "Dynamic associations of network isolation and smoking behavior." Network Science 5(3): 257-277. Cambridge University Press.
- Verdery, Ashton M., Jacob C. Fisher, Nalyn Siripong, Kahina Abdesselam, and Shawn Bauldry. 2017. "New Survey Questions and Estimators for Network Clustering with Respondent-driven Sampling Data." Sociological Methodology 47(1): 274-306. SAGE Publications Inc.
- Yamanis, Thespina J., Jacob C. Fisher, James W. Moody, and Lusajo J. Kajula. 2016. "Young Men's Social Network Characteristics and Associations with Sexual Partnership Concurrency in Tanzania." AIDS and Behavior 20(6): 1244-1255.
- Verdery, A. M., M. G. Merli, J. Moody, Jeffrey A. Smith, and Jacob C. Fisher. 2015. "Respondent-driven sampling estimators under real and theoretical recruitment conditions of female sex workers in China." Epidemiology (Cambridge, Mass.) 26(5): 661-665.
- Fisher, Jacob C., and M. Giovannia Merli. 2014. "Stickiness of respondent-driven sampling recruitment chains." Network Science 2014/08/13(2): 298-301. Cambridge University Press.
- Fisher, Jacob C., David Scott Johnson, and T. M. Smeeding. 2013. "Measuring the Trends in Inequality of Individuals and Families: Income and Consumption." American Economic Review 103(3): 184-188.
- Ballantyne, P., Philippa J. Clarke, J. Marshman, J. Victor, and Jacob C. Fisher. 2005. "Use of prescribed and non-prescribed medicines by the elderly: implications for who chooses, who pays and who monitors the risks of medicines." International Journal of Pharmacy Practice 13(2): 133-140.