Faculty Associate, RCGD
- 5006 ISR-Thompson
Dr. Agresta is an Assistant Research Scientist and Co-Director of the Michigan Performance Research Lab. She is interested in improving assessment and monitoring techniques as a means to enhance physical resilience and functional durability in athletes and active individuals, in the biomechanics of injury, injury resilience, functional adaptability, and rehabilitation related to endurance sports and athletic performance.
- Provenzano, Seraphina G., Jocelyn F. Hafer, Jillian Peacock, Samantha Kempner, Jessica Deneweth Zendler, and Cristine Agresta. 2019. "Restriction in Pelvis and Trunk Motion in Postpartum Runners Compared With Pre-pregnancy." Journal of Women's Health Physical Therapy 43(3): 119.
- Hafer, Jocelyn F., Jillian Peacock, Ronald F. Zernicke, and Cristine Agresta. 2019. "Segment Coordination Variability Differs by Years of Running Experience." Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 51(7): 1438-1443.
- Chen, Tony Lin-Wei, Cristine Agresta, David B. Lipps, Seraphina G. Provenzano, Jocelyn F. Hafer, Duo Wai-Chi Wong, Ming Zhang, and Ronald F. Zernicke. 2019. "Ultrasound elastographic assessment of plantar fascia in runners using rearfoot strike and forefoot strike." Journal of Biomechanics 89: 65-71.
- Agresta, Cristine, Grant C. Goulet, Jillian Peacock, Jeffrey Housner, Ronald F. Zernicke, and Jessica Deneweth Zendler. 2019. "Years of running experience influences stride-to-stride fluctuations and adaptive response during step frequency perturbations in healthy distance runners." Gait & Posture 70: 376-382.
- Bakshi, Neil K., Paul M. Inclan, Jacob M. Kirsch, Asheesh Bedi, Cristine Agresta, and Michael T. Freehill. Forthcoming. "Current Workload Recommendations in Baseball Pitchers: A Systematic Review." The American Journal of Sports Medicine : 0363546519831010.
- Agresta, Cristine, Kevin Krieg, and Michael T. Freehill. 2019. "Risk Factors for Baseball-Related Arm Injuries: A Systematic Review." Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine 7(2): 2325967119825557.
- Agresta, Cristine, Sarah Kessler, Emily Southern, Grant C. Goulet, Ronald Zernicke, and Jessica Deneweth Zendler. 2018. "Immediate and short-term adaptations to maximalist and minimalist running shoes." Footwear Science 10(2): 95-107.
- Agresta, Cristine, Christian R. Ward, W. Geoffrey Wright, and Carole A. Tucker. 2018. "The effect of unilateral arm swing motion on lower extremity running mechanics associated with injury risk." Sports Biomechanics 17(2): 206-215.
- Agresta, Cristine, Jillian Peacock, Jeffrey Housner, Ronald F. Zernicke, and Jessica Deneweth Zendler. 2018. "Experience does not influence injury-related joint kinematics and kinetics in distance runners." Gait & Posture 61: 13-18.