Faculty Associate, PSC
Assistant Research Scientist, Health Behavior And Health Education Dept., Sph
Dr. Janevic studies care management of chronic illness and disability, including interventions, physical activity, family support, and managing multiple illnesses. She also examines the cultural, gender, and psychosocial influences on chronic disease management.
- Ramsay, Jessica E., Mary Janevic, Cainnear K. Hogan, Dominique L. Edwards, and Cathleen M. Connell. Forthcoming. "Using the Replicating Effective Programs Framework to Adapt a Heart Health Intervention." Health Promotion Practice : 1524839918775740.
- Heapy, Alicia A., Mary Janevic, Laura Wandner, Mary A. Driscoll, Kathryn LaChappelle, Rebecca Czlapinski, Brenda T. Fenton, John D. Piette, et al. 2018. "Developing a typology of patient-generated behavioral goals for cognitive behavioral therapy for chronic pain (CBT-CP): classification and predicting outcomes." Journal of Behavioral Medicine 41(2): 174-185.
- Murphy, Susan A., Mary Janevic, Pearl Lee, and David R. Williams. 2018. "Occupational Therapist-Delivered Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomized Pilot Study." American Journal of Occupational Therapy 72(5): 7205205040p1-7205205040p9.
- Lee, Aaron, John D. Piette, Michele Heisler, Mary Janevic, Kenneth M. Langa, and Ann-Marie Rosland. 2017. "Family Members' Experiences Supporting Adults with Chronic Illness: A National Survey." Families, systems & health : the journal of collaborative family healthcare 35(4): 463-473.
- Janevic, Mary, Sara J. McLaughlin, Alicia A. Heapy, Casey Thacker, and John D. Piette. 2017. "Racial and Socioeconomic Disparities in Disabling Chronic Pain: Findings From the Health and Retirement Study." The Journal of Pain 18(12): 1459-1467.
- Patel, Minal R., Mary Janevic, Peter X. K. Song, Georgiana Sanders, Belinda Nelson, Elena Kaltsas, Lara J. Thomas, Kausar Hafeez, et al. 2017. "A randomized clinical trial of a culturally responsive intervention for African American women with asthma." Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology 118(2): 212-219.
- Janevic, Mary, Alan P. Baptist, Tyra Bryant-Stephens, Marielena Lara, Victoria Persky, Gilberto Ramos-Valencia, Kimberly Uyeda, Rebecca Hazan, et al. 2017. "Effects of pediatric asthma care coordination in underserved communities on parent perceptions of care and asthma-management confidence." Journal of Asthma 54(5): 514-519.
- Antonucci, Toni C., Kristine J. Ajrouch, and Mary Janevic. 2003. "The effect of social relations with children on the education-health link in men and women aged 40 and over." Social science & medicine 56(5): 949.
- Ajrouch, Kristine J., Toni C. Antonucci, and Mary Janevic. 2001. "Social Networks Among Blacks and Whites: The Interaction Between Race and Age." Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences 56(2): S112.
- Janevic, Mary, Kristine J. Ajrouch, Alicia C. Merline, Hiroko S. Akiyama, and Toni C. Antonucci. 2000. "The Social Relations-Physical Health Connection: A Comparison of Elderly Samples from the United States and Japan." Journal of Health Psychology 5(4): 413-429. Sage Publications.
- Ajrouch, Kristine J., Toni C. Antonucci, and Mary Janevic. 1999. "Social relations and aging in Blacks and Whites: interpreting differences." Gerontologist 39.
- Antonucci, Toni C., Kristine J. Ajrouch, and Mary Janevic. 1999. "Socioeconomic status, social support, age, and health." Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 896: 390-392.