Research Assistant Professor, Innovation, Networks & Knowledge
Jinseok Kim received his doctorate degree in Library and Information Science from the School of Information Sciences at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. His work focuses on understanding the human interaction patterns extracted from large-scale, semi-structured and unstructured data generated from diverse information and communication technologies. In his research, he first controls data quality algorithmically and then uses network analysis and text mining to analyze data. He obtained his M.A. in Communication from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012, and his B.A. in English Literature from Yonsei University (South Korea) in 2001. Jinseok had worked as a central government official in Korea for ten years, including a year of service as Deputy Assistant to the President of South Korea for communications with the public.
- Kim, Jinseok. Forthcoming. "Author-Based Analysis of Conference versus Journal Publication in Computer Science." Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology
- Kim, Jinseok. Forthcoming. "Evaluating author name disambiguation for digital libraries: a case of DBLP." Scientometrics
- Kim, Jinseok, Jinmo Kim, and Jason D. Owen-Smith. Forthcoming. "Generating automatically labeled data for author name disambiguation: an iterative clustering method." Scientometrics
- Kim, Jinseok, and Jana Diesner. 2017. "Over-time measurement of triadic closure in coauthorship networks." Social Network Analysis and Mining 7(1): 9.
- Thomas, Nina Hattiangadi, Jinseok Kim, Bruno J. Giordani, Melissa S. Xanthopoulos, Justine Shults, Emma Escobar, Elise Hodges, Ronald D. Chervin, et al. 2017. "Effects of Adenotonsillectomy on Parent-Reported Behavior in Children With Obstructive Sleep Apnea." Sleep 40(4).
- Kim, Jinseok, and Jana Diesner. 2016. "Distortive effects of initial-based name disambiguation on measurements of large-scale coauthorship networks." Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 67(6): 1446-1461.
- Kim, Jinseok, Liang Tao, Seok-Hyoung Lee, and Jana Diesner. 2016. "Evolution and structure of scientific co-publishing network in Korea between 1948-2011." Scientometrics 107(1): 27-41.
- Kim, Jinseok, and Jinmo Kim. 2015. "Rethinking the comparison of coauthorship credit allocation schemes." Journal of Informetrics 9(3): 667-673-673.
- Kim, Jinseok, and Jana Diesner. 2015. "Coauthorship networks: A directed network approach considering the order and number of coauthors." Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 66(12): 2685-2696.
- Diesner, Jana, Jinseok Kim, and Susie Pak. 2014. "Computational Impact Assessment of Social Justice Documentaries." Metrics for Measuring Publishing Value:Alternative and Otherwise 17(3).
- Kim, Jinseok, and Jana Diesner. 2014. "A network-based approach to coauthorship credit allocation." Scientometrics 101(1): 587-602.
- Kim, Jinseok, Heejun Kim, and Jana Diesner. 2014. "The Impact of Name Ambiguity on Properties of Coauthorship Networks." Journal of Information Science Theory and Practice 2(2): 6-15.
- Kim, Jinseok, Shawna J. Lee, Catherine A. Taylor, and Neil Guterman. 2014. "Dyadic Profiles of Parental Disciplinary Behavior and Links With Parenting Context." Child Maltreatment 19(2): 79-91.
- Shumate, Michelle, Andrew Pilny, Yannick Catouba, Jinseok Kim, Macarena Pena-y-Lillo, Katherine Rcooper, Ariann Sahagun, and Sijia Yang. 2013. "A Taxonomy of Communication Networks." Annals of the International Communication Association 37(1): 95-123. Routledge.
- Lee, Shawna J., Jinseok Kim, Catherine A. Taylor, and Brian E. Perron. 2011. "Profiles of Disciplinary Behaviors Among Biological Fathers." Child Maltreatment 16(1): 51-62.
- Colabianchi, Natalie, Jinseok Kim, Jihong Liu, and Russell R. Pate. 2010. "The effect of perceived and structural neighborhood conditions on adolescents' physical activity and sedentary behaviors." Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine 164(10): 935-942.
- Liu, Jihong, Jinseok Kim, Natalie Colabianchi, Andrew Ortaglia, and Russell R. Pate. 2010. "Co-varying Patterns of Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviors and Their Long-Term Maintenance Among Adolescents." Journal of Physical Activity and Health 7(4): 465-474.
- Kim, Jinseok, Edward Norton, and S. C. Stearns. 2009. "Transportation Brokerage Services and Medicaid Beneficiaries' Access to Care." Health Services Research 44(1): 145-161.