Eric F. Dubow
Research Professor, RCGD
Eric Dubow conducts cross-sectional and longitudinal studies of risk and resource variables in children's academic and behavioral adjustment. He also collaborates with several community agencies conducting needs assessments of family and youth problems, and evaluating their school-based prevention programs aimed at enhancing self-esteem and decision-making skills, and reducing problem behaviors.
- Exposure to Violence and Subsequent Weapons Use: Mediating and Moderating Processes. (L. R. Huesmann, Eric F. Dubow, Brad J. Bushman, Thomas M. Reischl) 2016-2021. NICHD.
- Effects on Children of Persistent Exposure to Political Violence: Follow-up. (L. R. Huesmann, Paul Boxer, Eric F. Dubow) 2012-2016. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
- Huesmann, L. Rowell, Eric F. Dubow, Paul Boxer, Simha F. Landau, Shira Dvir Gvirsman, and Khalil Shikaki. 2017. "Children's exposure to violent political conflict stimulates aggression at peers by increasing emotional distress, aggressive script rehearsal, and normative beliefs favoring aggression." Development and Psychopathology 29(1): 39-50.
- Dubow, Eric F., J. Lawrence Aber, Theresa S. Betancourt, E. Mark Cummings, and L. Rowell Huesmann. 2017. "Conducting longitudinal, process-oriented research with conflict-affected youth: Solving the inevitable challenges." Development and Psychopathology 29(1): 85-92.
- Lauricella, Shauna K., Russell E. Phillips, and Eric F. Dubow. 2017. "Religious Coping with Sexual Stigma in Young Adults with Same-Sex Attractions." Journal of Religion and Health 56(4): 1436-1449.
- Galliher, Renee V., Deborah Rivas-Drake, and Eric F. Dubow. 2017. "Identity development process and content: Toward an integrated and contextualized science of identity." Developmental Psychology 53(11): 2009-2010.
- Lister-Landman, Kelly M., Sarah E. Domoff, and Eric F. Dubow. 2017. "The role of compulsive texting in adolescents' academic functioning." Psychology of Popular Media Culture 6(4): 311-325.
- Niwa, Erika Y., Paul Boxer, Eric F. Dubow, L. Rowell Huesmann, Khalil Shikaki, Simha Landau, and Shira D. Gvirsman. 2016. "Growing Up Amid Ethno-Political Conflict: Aggression and Emotional Desensitization Promote Hostility to Ethnic Outgroups." Child Development 87(5): 1479-1492.
- Dubow, Eric F., L. Rowell Huesmann, Paul Boxer, and Cathy Smith. 2016. "Childhood and adolescent risk and protective factors for violence in adulthood." Journal of Criminal Justice 45: 26-31.
- Niwa, Erika Y., Paul Boxer, Eric F. Dubow, L. Rowell Huesmann, Simha Landau, Khalil Shikaki, and Shira Dvir Gvirsman. 2016. "Negative Stereotypes of Ethnic Outgroups: A Longitudinal Examination Among Palestinian, Israeli Jewish, and Israeli Arab Youth." Journal of Research on Adolescence 26(1): 166-179.
- Gvirsman, Shira Dvir, L. Rowell Huesmann, Eric F. Dubow, Simha F. Landau, Paul Boxer, and Khalil Shikaki. 2016. "The Longitudinal Effects of Chronic Mediated Exposure to Political Violence on Ideological Beliefs About Political Conflicts Among Youths." Political Communication 33(1): 98-117.
- Kokko, Katja, Sharon Z. Simonton, Eric F. Dubow, L. Rowell Huesmann, Paul Boxer, Jennifer E. Lansford, Sheryl L. Olson, Lea Pulkkinen, et al. 2014. "Country, sex, and parent occupational status: Moderators of the continuity of aggression from childhood to adulthood." Aggressive Behavior 40(6): 552-567.
- Dvir Gvirsman, Shira, L. Rowell Huesmann, Eric F. Dubow, Simha F. Landau, Khalil Shikaki, and Paul Boxer. 2014. "The Effects of Mediated Exposure to Ethnic-Political Violence on Middle East Youth's Subsequent Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms and Aggressive Behavior." Communication Research 41(7): 961-990.
- Dubow, Eric F., L. Rowell Huesmann, Paul Boxer, and Cathy Smith. 2014. "Childhood predictors and age 48 outcomes of self-reports and official records of offending." Criminal Behaviour and Mental Health 24(4): 291-304.
- Boxer, Paul, L. Rowell Huesmann, Eric F. Dubow, Simha F. Landau, Shira Dvir Gvirsman, Khalil Shikaki, and Jeremy Ginges. 2013. "Exposure to Violence Across the Social Ecosystem and the Development of Aggression: A Test of Ecological Theory in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict." Child Development 84(1): 163-177.
- Dubow, Eric F., Paul Boxer, L. Rowell Huesmann, Simha Landau, Shira Dvir, Khalil Shikaki, and Jeremy Ginges. 2012. "Cumulative Effects of Exposure to Violence on Posttraumatic Stress in Palestinian and Israeli Youth." Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology 41(6): 837-844.
- Huesmann, L. Rowell, Eric F. Dubow, Paul Boxer, Violet Souweidane, and Jeremy Ginges. 2012. "Foreign Wars and Domestic Prejudice: How Media Exposure to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Predicts Ethnic Stereotyping by Jewish and Arab American Adolescents." Journal of Research on Adolescence 22(3): 556-570.
- Dubow, Eric F., L. Rowell Huesmann, Paul Boxer, Simha Landau, Shira Dvir, Khalil Shikaki, and Jeremy Ginges. 2012. "Exposure to Political Conflict and Violence and Posttraumatic Stress in Middle East Youth: Protective Factors." Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology 41(4): 402-416.