Toni C Antonucci
Toni C. Antonucci is the Elizabeth M. Douvan Collegiate Professor of Psychology and Program Director and Research Professor in the Life Course Development Program at the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Antonucci’s research focuses on social relations and health across the life span, including the family, life span and life course development, multigenerational relations, adult development and aging, and comparative studies of social relations and health in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Japan. She is particularly interested in how social relations optimize or jeopardize an individual’s ability to face life’s challenges. She received a Research Career Development Award and is currently funded or has been funded by the National Institute of Mental Health, the National Institute on Aging and several private foundations, most recently, the Fetzer Institute and the MacArthur Foundation.
Dr. Antonucci will be the president-elect of International Society for the Study of Behavioral Development in 2017 and of International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics in 2018. She was President of the Gerontological Society of America and the Society for the Study of Human Development and served as editor of the Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Science and Associate Editor of Developmental Psychology. She is currently series editor of the Annual Review of Geriatrics and Gerontology for Springer Publishing Company and is a member of the MacArthur Network on the Aging Society. She is a member of the Executive Board of the International Society for the Study of Behavioral Development, Secretary General-Elect of the International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics and received the Gerontological Society of America’s 2011 Distinguished Career Contribution to Gerontology Award. She has numerous scientific publications, in 2010 she edited (with James S. Jackson) Life Course Perspectives on Late Life Health Inequalities and in 2011 edited (with Karen Fingerman, Cynthia Berg and Jacqui Smith) the Handbook of Life Span Development.
- Laura Beth Zahodne, Simon Brauer, Tarraf Wassim, Emily Morris, Toni C Antonucci, Kristine J Ajrouch. 2023. Measurement and structural invariance of a neuropsychological battery among Middle Eastern/North African, Black, and White older adults. Neuropsychology
- Kira S Birditt, Angela Elizabeth Turkelson, Javaid, Sarah, Richard D Gonzalez, Toni C Antonucci. 2023. Implications of Cumulative Life Event Stress for Daily Stress Exposure and Cardiovascular Reactivity Among Black and White Americans. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B 78(7):1224-1235.
- Kristine J Ajrouch, Toni C Antonucci, Rita Xiaochen Hu. 2023. Social relations and older migrants. Handbook on Migration and Ageing :271-279.
- Kristine J Ajrouch, Mary Rose Janevic, Toni C Antonucci. 2023. Adapting an Alzheimer's Disease Care Intervention for Arab American Families. Biopsychosocial Perspectives on Arab Americans: Culture, Development, and Health :95-109.
- Kristine J Ajrouch, Rita Xiaochen Hu, Noah J Webster, Toni C Antonucci. 2023. Friendship trajectories and health across the lifespan.
- Jeffrey E. Stokes, Tiffany B. Kindratt, Toni C Antonucci, Chelsea G. Cox,, Hwajung Choi. 2023. Employment Dynamics Among Adult Children at the Onset of Parental Dementia: Variation by Sociodemographic Characteristics. Journal of Aging and Health
- Laura Beth Zahodne, Simon Brauer, Wassim Tarraf, Emily P Morris, Toni C Antonucci, Kristine J Ajrouch. 2023. Measurement and structural invariance of a neuropsychological battery among Middle Eastern/North African, Black, and White older adults. Neuropsychology 37(8):975-984.
- Ali, Talha, Elliott,Michael R, Antonucci,Toni C, Private: Needham,Belinda L, Zelner, Jon, Private: Mendes de Leon,Carlos. 2022. Multidimensional Social Network Types and Their Correlates in Older Americans. Innovation in Aging 6(1):igab053.
- Ajrouch,Kristine J, Mary Janevic, Ammar J Alhamood, Antonucci,Toni C. 2022. Evaluation of an Arab American AD care intervention program in the United States. Alzheimer's & Dementia 17(S7):e053385.
- Noah J Webster, Toni C Antonucci, Kristine J Ajrouch. 2022. Linked Lives and Convoys of Social Relations. Advances in Life Course Research 54:100502.