Brooke Arterberry joined Youth and Social Issues as a Research Investigator. She has a PhD in Counseling Psychology. Her research focuses on understanding the developmental risks associated with substance use (e.g., alcohol and cannabis use/co-use, polysubstance use) and substance use disorders as well as the development of efficacious intervention/prevention programs aimed at reducing young adult substance use behaviors that result in negative consequences.
- Megan E Patrick, Yuk Pang, Bohyun Joy Jang, Brooke Arterberry, Yvonne M Terry-McElrath. 2023. Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Reported during Midlife: Results from the Monitoring the Future Study among US Adults at Modal Ages 50, 55, and 60. Substance Use & Misuse 58(3):380-388.
- Megan E Patrick, Rebecca Evans-Polce, Brooke Arterberry, Yvonne M Terry-McElrath. 2023. Initiation of and Escalation to High-Intensity Drinking in Young Adults. JAMA Pediatrics 177(3):286-293.
- Brooke Arterberry, Parks, Michael J., Megan E Patrick. 2023. The moderating role of mental health on the association between COVID-related stress, isolation, and economic hardship and using substances to cope. Preventive Medicine Reports 34:102229.
- Yvonne M Terry-McElrath, Brooke Arterberry, Megan E Patrick. 2023. Alcohol use contexts (social settings, drinking games/specials, and locations) as predictors of high-intensity drinking on a given day among U.S. young adults. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 47(2):273-284.
- Megan E Patrick, Aparajita Sur, Brooke Arterberry, Sarah Peterson, Nicole Morrell, David Vock. 2023. Examining engagement effects in an adaptive preventive intervention for college student drinking. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 91(11):652–664.
- Davis, Alan K., Brooke Arterberry, Xin, Yitong, Agin-Liebes, Gabrielle, Schwarting, Corrine, Williams, Monnica T.. 2022. Race, Ethnic, and Sex Differences in Prevalence of and Trends in Hallucinogen Consumption Among Lifetime Users in the United States Between 2015 and 2019. Frontiers in Epidemiology 2
- Yitong Xin, Corrine Schwarting, Stacey B. Armstrong, Paul Nagib, Erin E. Bonar, Brooke Arterberry, Alan K. Davis. 2022. Increases in cannabis use and negative emotions during COVID-19 pandemic among college students with cannabis use disorder. Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions
- Brooke Arterberry, Brian H. Calhoun, Christine M. Lee, Megan E Patrick. 2022. Young adult physical, social, and temporal contexts of simultaneous alcohol and marijuana use. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs 84(3):398-406.
- Katherine T. Foster, Arterberry,Brooke, Robert A. Zucker, Brian M. Hicks. 2021. Differences in child and adult biopsychosocial characteristics associated with regular cannabis use in individuals with and without cannabis use disorder. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 226:108887.
- D. Angus Clark, Arterberry,Brooke, Maureen A. Walton, Rebecca M. Cunningham, Jason E. Goldstick, Marc A. Zimmerman, Alan K. Davis, Erin E. Bonar. 2021. Examining Same-Day Associations Between Cannabis Use Motives and Condom Use in Urban Emerging Adults: A Brief Report. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs 82(4):516-521.