William G Axinn
Dr. Axinn is professor of survey research, population studies, sociology and public policy at the University of Michigan. Axinn is a social demographer studying community, intergenerational, and social psychological influences on marriage, childbearing, reproductive health, mental health and the natural environment. He is former director of Michigan’s Survey Research Center with an active program of methodological research on longitudinal studies, survey data collection and mixed method studies. He is director of the Chitwan Valley Family Study (CVFS), a 28-year, mixed method longitudinal study in Nepal.
- Shiyu Zhang, Brady Thomas West, James Robert Wagner, Mick P Couper, Rebecca Gatward, William G Axinn. 2023. Visible Cash, a Second Incentive, and Priority Mail? An Experimental Evaluation of Mailing Strategies for a Screening Questionnaire in a National Push-To-Web/Mail Survey. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
- Paula M. Lantz, Katherine Michelmore, Michelle H. Moniz, Okeoma Mmeje, William G Axinn, Kayte Spector-Bagdady. 2023. Abortion Policy in the United States: The New Legal Landscape and Its Threats to Health and Socioeconomic Well-Being. The Milbank Quarterly 101(S1):283-301.
- William G Axinn, ..., Stephanie A Chardoul, WHO World Mental Health Survey collaborators. 2023. Civil Violence Exposure and Subsequent Onset and Persistence of Mental Disorders. JAMA Network Open 6(6):e2318919-e2318919.
- Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, Faith Cole, Sabrina Hermosilla, William G Axinn, Corina Benjet. 2023. Alcohol use and internal migration in Nepal: a cross-sectional study. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health 77(9):587-593.
- William G Axinn, James Robert Wagner, Mick P Couper, Scott Crawford. 2023. Applying Responsive Survey Design to Small-Scale Surveys: Campus Surveys of Sexual Misconduct. Sociological Methods & Research
- Brady Thomas West, Shiyu Zhang, James Robert Wagner, Rebecca Gatward, Saw Htay Wah, William G Axinn. 2023. Methods for improving participation rates in national self-administered web/mail surveys: Evidence from the United States. PLOS ONE 18(8):e0289695.
- William G Axinn, Brady Thomas West, Heather Marie Schroeder. 2023. Forced intercourse in America: a pandemic update. BMC Public Health 23(1):1-8.
- Ronny Bruffaerts, William G Axinn, Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, Corina Benjet, Stephanie A Chardoul, Kate M. Scott, Ronald C. Kessler, Paul Chapin Schulz, Jordan W. Smoller. 2023. Community exposure to armed conflict and subsequent onset of alcohol use disorder. Addiction
- Yang Zhang, William G Axinn. 2022. Cohabitation Dissolution and Psychological Distress among Young Adults: The Role of Parenthood and Gender. Social Science Research 102:102626.
- Melanie S. Askari, Emily Treleaven, Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, William G Axinn, Sabrina Hermosilla. 2022. COVID-19 Worries, Concerns and Mitigation Behaviours: A Snapshot of Nepal during the First Wave. Tropical Medicine & International Health 27(2):165-173.