- Email Briana Mezuk
- To understand the interface between behavior and physiology in order to integrate social, psychological and biological approaches to understanding health and illness over the life course
- To explore the multiple pathways linking psychiatric and medical disorders, particularly chronic conditions such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes
- To inform interventions which reflect an integrative approach to health to effectively reduce the burden of mental disorders
Some current projects include investigating the relationship between depression and frailty in later life, examining how stress and health behaviors relate to risk of depression in the context of type 2 diabetes, and identifying how factors such as race/ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic status relate to psychiatric-medical comorbidity.
- Daniel Mattingly, Harold Neighbors, Briana Mezuk, Michael R Elliott, Nancy L. Fleischer. 2023. Racial/ethnic discrimination and tobacco and cannabis use outcomes among US adults. Journal of Substance Use and Addiction Treatment 148:208958.
- Mattingly, Delvon T., Briana Mezuk, Michael R Elliott, Fleischer, Nancy L.. 2023. Discrimination and Tobacco Use Outcomes Among US Adults: Effect Modification by Race/Ethnicity. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities
- Kristen Kelly, Smith, Jennifer Ann, Mezuk, Briana. 2021. Depression and interleukin-6 signaling: A Mendelian Randomization Study. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity
- Rachel S. Bergmans, Peter Larson, Erica Bennion, Mezuk, Briana, Matthew C. Wozniak, Allison L. Steiner, Gronlund, Carina Jane. 2021. Short-term exposures to atmospheric evergreen, deciduous, grass, and ragweed aeroallergens and the risk of suicide in Ohio, 2007-2015: Exploring disparities by age, gender, and education level. Environmental Research 200:111450.