Dr. Colabianchi’s research focuses on the role of environments and policies in facilitating physical activity behavior in children and adults. She has completed a number of federally-funded studies that have examined the influence of parks and playgrounds as well as school and neighborhood environments. She is also interested in physical activity measurement including accelerometry and direct observation. She is the principal investigator on two NIH grants: Improving Environmental Measures in Obesity Research Using Innovative Technology and Built Environments on Stroke Risk and Stroke Disparities in a National Sample.
- Katelyn E. Webster, Julia S. Seng, Nancy A. Gallagher, Neha P. Gothe, Natalie Colabianchi, Ellen M. Lavoie Smith, Robert Ploutz-Snyder, Janet L. Larson. 2023. Physical Activity Programming for Older Adults in Assisted Living: Residents? Perspectives. Western Journal of Nursing Research 45(2):105-116.
- Erica Twardzik, Philippa J Clarke, Lynda D. Lisabeth, Susan H. Brown, David L. Roth, Suzanne E. Judd, Natalie Colabianchi. 2023. Enhanced Street Crossing Features are Associated with Higher Post-Stroke Physical Quality of Life. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation 30(6):578-588.
- Kim, Yeonwoo, Liao, Yue, Natalie Colabianchi. 2023. Examining the Long-term Association Between Neighborhood Socioeconomic Status and Obesity and Obesity-related Unhealthy Behaviors Among Children: Results From the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study. Annals of Behavioral Medicine 57(8):640-648.
- Matthew T. Stewart, Manish Verma, Alisha Rajbhandari, Cathy L. Antonakos, Natalie Colabianchi. 2023. Park Area and Physical Activity Among Children and Adolescents: Findings From the Healthy Communities Study. Journal of Physical Activity and Health 20(8):792–798.
- Rundle, Andrew G, Neckerman, Kathryn M, Judd, Suzanne E, Natalie Colabianchi, Moore, Kari A, Quinn, James W, Hirsch, Jana A, Lovasi, Gina S. 2023. Cumulative Experience of Neighborhood Walkability and Change in Weight and Waist Circumference in REGARDS. American Journal of Epidemiology
- Kim, Hyoshin, Rajbhandari, Alisha, Krile, Robert, Lang, Ian-Marshall, Antonakos, Cathy L., Colabianchi, Natalie, Kim, Hyoshin, Rajbhandari, Alisha, Krile, Robert, Lang, Ian-Marshall, Antonakos, Cathy L., Natalie Colabianchi. 2023. Body Mass Index Trajectories among the Healthy Communities Study Children: Racial/Ethnic and Socioeconomic Disparities in Childhood Obesity. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities
- Marenus, Michele W., Marzec, Mary, Kilbourne, Amy, Natalie Colabianchi, Chen, Weiyun. 2023. The Validity and Reliability of the Workplace Culture of Health Scale - Short Form. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Lang, Ian-Marshall, Antonakos, Cathy L., Judd, Suzanne E., Colabianchi,Natalie. 2022. A longitudinal examination of objective neighborhood walkability, body mass index, and waist circumference: the REasons for Geographic And Racial Differences in Stroke study. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 19:17.
- Erica Twardzik, Clarke,Philippa J, Lynda L. Lisabeth, Susan H. Brown, Steven P. Hooker, Suzanne E. Judd, Colabianchi,Natalie. 2022. The Relationship Between Environmental Exposures and Post-Stroke Physical Activity. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 63(2):251-261.
- Steven P. Hooker, Keith M. Diaz, Steven N. Blair, Colabianchi,Natalie, Brent Hutto, Michelle N. McDonnell, John E. Vena, Virginia J. Howard. 2022. Association of Accelerometer-Measured Sedentary Time and Physical Activity With Risk of Stroke Among US Adults. JAMA Network Open 5(6):e2215385-e2215385.