Michael R Elliott
Michael Elliott is a Professor of Biostatistics at the University of Michigan School of Public Health and Research Scientist at the Institute for Social Research. He received his Ph.D. in biostatistics in 1999 from the University of Michigan. Prior to joining the University of Michigan in 2005, he held an appointment as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and prior to that as a Visiting Professor of Biostatistics at the University of Michigan School of Public Health and as a Visiting Research Scientist at the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute. Dr. Elliott’s statistical research interests focus around the broad topic of “missing data,” including the design and analysis of sample surveys, casual and counterfactual inference, and latent variable models. He has worked closely with collaborators in injury research, pediatrics, women’s health, and the social determinants of physical and mental health.
- Titus, Andrea R., Gamarel, Kristi E., Thrasher, James F., Michael R Elliott, Fleischer, Nancy L.. 2023. Exploring the Potential for Smoke-Free Laws to Reduce Smoking Disparities by Sexual Orientation in the USA. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine 30:448-454.
- Daniel Mattingly, Harold Neighbors, Briana Mezuk, Michael R Elliott, Nancy L. Fleischer. 2023. Racial/ethnic discrimination and tobacco and cannabis use outcomes among US adults. Journal of Substance Use and Addiction Treatment 148:208958.
- Mattingly, Delvon T., Briana Mezuk, Michael R Elliott, Fleischer, Nancy L.. 2023. Discrimination and Tobacco Use Outcomes Among US Adults: Effect Modification by Race/Ethnicity. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities
- Shafie Khorassani, Fatema, Taylor, Jeremy M. G., Kaciroti, Niko, Michael R Elliott. 2023. Incorporating Covariates into Measures of Surrogate Paradox Risk. Stats 6(1):322-344.
- Michael R Elliott. 2023. Surrogate Endpoints in Clinical Trials. Annual Review of Statistics and its Application 10:75-96.
- Coffey, Stephanie M, Michael R Elliott. 2023. Optimizing Data Collection Interventions to Balance Cost and Quality in a Sequential Multimode Survey. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
- James Robert Wagner, Xinyu Zhang, Michael R Elliott, Brady Thomas West, Coffey, Stephanie M. 2023. An experimental evaluation of a stopping rule aimed at maximizing cost-quality trade-offs in surveys. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A: Statistics in Society
- Jung Yeon Won, Michael R Elliott, Emma V. Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Brisa N. Sánchez. 2023. Integrating multiple built environment data sources. The Annals of Applied Statistics 17(2):1722-1739.
- Delvon T. Mattingly, Michael R Elliott, Nancy L. Fleischer. 2023. Latent Classes of Tobacco and Cannabis Use among Youth and Young Adults in the United States. Substance Use & Misuse 58(10):1235-1245.
- Mattingly, Delvon T., Briana Mezuk, Michael R Elliott, Neighbors, Harold W., Fleischer, Nancy L.. 2023. Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Mental Health Problems and Tobacco and Cannabis Use Among US Emerging Adults. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities