Dr. Treleaven studies the mechanisms through which family and community context shape health and health disparities in early childhood, and how health system characteristics affect children’s health and healthcare utilization. This includes how families make decisions and investments related to young children’s health, with particular interests in economic insecurity, migration, and gender. She also evaluates interventions related to maternal, newborn, and child health. Across her work, Dr. Treleaven is interested in developing and testing innovative survey measures and strategies to improve measurement of health and mortality in early childhood.
- Emily Treleaven. 2023. The relationship between extended kin resources and children's healthcare utilization: An analysis of family networks. Social Science & Medicine 321:115720.
- Caroline Whidden, Kassoum Kayentao, Naimatou Koné, Jenny Liu, Mohamed Bana Traoré, Djoumé Diakité, Mama Coumaré, Mohamed Berthé, Mahamadou Guindo, Brian Greenwood, Daniel Chandramohan, Clémence Leyrat, Emily Treleaven, Ari Johnson. 2023. Effects of proactive vs fixed community health care delivery on child health and access to care: a cluster randomised trial secondary endpoint analysis. 13:04047.
- Nadia Diamond-Smith, Adrienne Epstein, Marya G. Zlatnik, Emily Treleaven. 2023. The association between timing in pregnancy of drought and excess rainfall, infant sex, and birthweight: Evidence from Nepal. Environmental Epidemiology 7(5):e263.
- Melanie S. Askari, Emily Treleaven, Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, William G Axinn, Sabrina Hermosilla. 2022. COVID-19 Worries, Concerns and Mitigation Behaviours: A Snapshot of Nepal during the First Wave. Tropical Medicine & International Health 27(2):165-173.
- Julia M. Porth, Abram L. Wagner, Emily Treleaven, Nancy L. Fleischer, Martin K. Mutua, Thomas M. Braun, Matthew L. Boulton. 2022. Childhood vaccination timeliness following maternal migration to an informal urban settlement in Kenya. Vaccine 40(4):627-639.
- Epstein, Adrienne, Emily Treleaven, Ghimire,Dirgha Jibi, Diamond-Smith, Nadia. 2022. Drought and migration: an analysis of the effects of drought on temporary labor and return migration from a migrant-sending area in Nepal. Population and Environment
- Sabrina Hermosilla, Emily Treleaven, Dirgha Jibi Ghimire. 2022. Migration and Health in Nepal. Migration and Health :297-306.
- David C. Boettiger, Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Kassoum Kayentao, Mahamadou Guindo, Mama Coumaré, Ari D. Johnson, Caroline Whidden, Naimatou Koné, Amadou Beydi Cissé, Nancy Padian, Jenny Liu. 2021. Household factors and under-five mortality in Bankass, Mali: results from a cross-sectional survey. BMC Public Health 21(1):244.
- Julia M. Porth, Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Nancy L. Fleischer, Martin K. Mutua, Matthew L. Boulton. 2021. The influence of maternal migration on child vaccination in Kenya: An inverse probability of treatment-weighted analysis. International Journal of Infectious Diseases 106:105-114.
- Treleaven, Emily Elizabeth, Caroline Whidden, Cole,Faith H, Kassoum Kayentao, Mohamed Bana Traoré, Djoumé Diakité, Seydou Sidibé, Tracy Kuo Lin, David Boettiger, Souleymane Cissouma, Vincent Sanogo, Nancy Padian, Ari Johnson, Jenny Liu. 2021. Relationship between symptoms, barriers to care, and healthcare utilization among children under five in rural Mali. Tropical Medicine & International Health