Dirgha Jibi Ghimire
Dr. Ghimire is a social demographer– a Research Professor with the Population Studies Center and a Faculty Associate with the Survey Research Center at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research. He holds a joint appointment as Executive Director at the Institute for Social and Environmental Research (ISER) in Chitwan, Nepal. Dr. Ghimire studies the relationship among social context, social change, family organization, marriage arrangement, and first birth timing in Nepal. His research also includes the interplay between social change, family, public health, and environment dynamics.
- Briceño, Emily M , Dhakal, Usha, Sharma, Uttam, Adhikari, Nabin, Pradhan, Meeta S., Shrestha, Lochana, Jalan, Pankaj, Rai, Janak, Kenneth M Langa, Lee, Jinkook, Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, de Leon, Carlos F. Mendes. 2023. Neuropsychological Assessment of Older Adults in Nepal for Population-Based Dementia Ascertainment: Needs, Challenges, and Opportunities. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease
- Ronny Bruffaerts, William G Axinn, Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, Corina Benjet, Stephanie A Chardoul, Kate M. Scott, Ronald C. Kessler, Paul Chapin Schulz, Jordan W. Smoller. 2023. Community exposure to armed conflict and subsequent onset of alcohol use disorder. Addiction
- Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, Faith Cole, Sabrina Hermosilla, William G Axinn, Corina Benjet. 2023. Alcohol use and internal migration in Nepal: a cross-sectional study. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health 77(9):587-593.
- Sauharda Rai, Rubina Awale, Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, Deepa Rao. 2023. Pathways of association between husbands? migration and mental health of their wives who stay behind. SSM - Mental Health :100186.
- Sabrina Hermosilla, Karmel W. Choi, Melanie Askari, Taylor Marks, Christy Denckla, William G Axinn, Jordan W. Smoller, Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, Corina Benjet. 2022. What Can We Learn about Polytrauma Typologies by Comparing Population-Representative to Trauma-Exposed Samples: A Nepali Example. Journal of Affective Disorders 314:201-210.
- Dirgha Jibi Ghimire, Emma Mariah Banchoff, Faith Cole, William G Axinn. 2022. The Transition to Parenthood, Opportunity to Drink, Drinking, and Alcohol Use Disorder. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 241:109697.
- Sabrina Hermosilla, Emily Treleaven, Dirgha Jibi Ghimire. 2022. Migration and Health in Nepal. Migration and Health :297-306.
- Epstein, Adrienne, Emily Treleaven, Ghimire,Dirgha Jibi, Diamond-Smith, Nadia. 2022. Drought and migration: an analysis of the effects of drought on temporary labor and return migration from a migrant-sending area in Nepal. Population and Environment
- Bahadur K.C. Govinda, Devkota Durga, Devkota Naba Raj, Ghimire,Dirgha Jibi, Tiwari Ujjal. 2022. Household members? migration and rice productivity. Asian Journal of Multidimensional Research 11(6):50-63.
- Axinn, William G, Karmel W. Choi, Ghimire, Dirgha Jibi, Cole,Faith, Private: Hermosilla,Sabrina, Corina Benjet, Melany C. Morgenstern, Younga H. Lee, Jordan W. Smoller. 2022. Community-Level Social Support Infrastructure and Adult Onset of Major Depressive Disorder in a South Asian Postconflict Setting. JAMA Psychiatry 79(3):243-249.