Richard D Gonzalez
Studies judgment and decision making processes at both the basic and applied levels. His theoretical work includes formal models of decision making under risk and uncertainty. His applied work in decision making extends to eyewitness identification, medical decision making, consumer behavior, transportation decisions and sustainability. He also conducts mathematical modeling of group processes and develops statistical techniques for data analytic problems in psychology. He has developed statistical models for the analysis of dyadic data. Gonzalez teaches graduate-level statistics courses and directs the Biosocial Methods Collaborative.
- Esra Ascigil, Anna Luerssen, Richard D Gonzalez, Amie M Gordon. 2023. Predictors of relationship satisfaction during the COVID-19 pandemic. Social and Personality Psychology Compass
- Analay Perez, Michael D Fetters, John W Creswell, Mark Scerbo, Frederick W Kron, Richard D Gonzalez, Lawrence An, Masahito Jimbo, Predrag Klasnja, Timothy C Guetterman. 2023. Enhancing Nonverbal Communication Through Virtual Human Technology: Protocol for a Mixed Methods Study. JMIR Research Protocols 12(1):e46601.
- Kira S Birditt, Angela Elizabeth Turkelson, Javaid, Sarah, Richard D Gonzalez, Toni C Antonucci. 2023. Implications of Cumulative Life Event Stress for Daily Stress Exposure and Cardiovascular Reactivity Among Black and White Americans. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B 78(7):1224-1235.
- Sabet Sarvestani, Amir, Richard D Gonzalez, Johnson, Timothy R.B., Coulentianos, Marianna J., Sienko, Kathleen H.. 2023. Evaluation of open-ended, clustering, and discrete choice methods for user requirements development in a low-income country context. Development Engineering 8:100112.
- Esra Ascigil, Anna Luerssen, Richard D Gonzalez, Amie M. Gordon. 2023. Predictors of relationship satisfaction during the COVID-19 pandemic. Social and Personality Psychology Compass
- Ellis, Katrina R, Koumoutzis, Athena, Lewis, Jordan P, Lin, Zhiyong, Zhou, Yuanjin, Chopik, William J, Richard D Gonzalez. 2022. Conceptualizing and Operationalizing Collaboration among Multiple Caregivers of Older Adults. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B 78(Supplement_1):S27–S37.
- Sheria G. Robinson-Lane, Amanda Noel Leggett, Florence U. Johnson, Natalie Leonard, Alicia Giordimaina Carmichael, Grace Oxford, Tanbirul I Miah, Johnny J. Wright, Amanda C. Blok, Theodore J. Iwashyna, Richard D Gonzalez. 2022. Caregiving in the COVID-19 pandemic: Family adaptations following an intensive care unit hospitalisation. Journal of Clinical Nursing
- Nielsen, Karen E., Shannon T. Mejía, Gonzalez,Richard D. 2022. Deviations from typical paths: a novel approach to working with GPS data in the behavioral sciences. International Journal of Health Geographics 21:Article 5.
- Shannon T. Mejía, Hannah L. Giasson, Smith, Jacqui, Gonzalez, Richard D. 2020. Concurrent and enduring associations between married partners’ shared beliefs and markers of aging. Psychology and Aging 35(7):925-936.
- Gonzalez, Richard D, Greene, Melissa T, Papalambros, Panos Y. 2019. Measuring Systems Engineering and Design Thinking Attitudes. Proceedings of the Design Society: International Conference on Engineering Design 1(1):3939-3948.