Steven G Heeringa
Steven G. Heeringa is a Senior Research Scientist Emeritus at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research (ISR). He is a member of the Faculty of the University of Michigan Program in Survey Methods and the Joint Program in Survey Methodology. He is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and elected member of the International Statistical Institute. He is the author of many publications on statistical design and sampling methods for research in the fields of public health and the social sciences. He is the lead author of Applied Survey Data Analysis (Chapman & Hall, 2010), a comprehensive new text on methods for the statistical analysis of complex sample survey data. Steve has over 37 years of statistical sampling experience in the development of the SRC National Sample design, as well as research designs for ISR’s major longitudinal and cross-sectional survey programs. Since 1985 Steve has collaborated extensively with scientific colleagues in the design and conduct of major studies in aging, psychiatric epidemiology and physical and mental health. He has been a teacher of survey sampling and statistical methods to U.S. and international students and has served as a sample design consultant to a wide variety of international research programs based in countries such as Russia, the Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, India, Nepal, China, Egypt, Iran, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, South Africa and Chile.
- Arianna M. Gard, Luke Williamson Hyde, Steven G Heeringa, Brady Thomas West, Colter Mitchell. 2023. Why weight? Analytic approaches for large-scale population neuroscience data. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience 59:101196.
- Catherine L. Dempsey, David M. Benedek, Kelly L. Zuromski, Matthew K. Nock, David A. Brent, Jingning Ao, Matthew W. Georg, Katy Haller, Pablo A. Aliaga, Steven G Heeringa, Ronald C. Kessler, Murray B. Stein, Robert J. Ursano. 2023. Recent Stressful Experiences and Suicide Risk: Implications for Suicide Prevention and Intervention in U.S. Army Soldiers. Psychiatric Research and Clinical Practice 5(1):24-36.
- Yajuan Si, Steven G Heeringa, Johnson, David, Roderick J Little, Liu, Wenshuo, Fabian T Pfeffer, Trivellore E Raghunathan. 2023. Multiple Imputation with Massive Data: An Application to the Panel Study of Income Dynamics. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology 11(1):260-283.
- Madelyn Malvitz, Darin B. Zahuranec, Wen Chang, Steven G Heeringa, Emily M. Briceño, Roshanak Mehdipanah, Xavier F. Gonzales, Deborah A. Levine, Kenneth M Langa, Nelda Garcia, Lewis B. Morgenstern. 2023. Driving predictors in a cohort of cognitively impaired Mexican American and non-Hispanic White individuals. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
- Roshanak Mehdipanah, Emily M. Briceño, Xavier F. Gonzales, Heeringa,Steven G, Deborah A. Levine, Langa,Kenneth M, Nelda Garcia, Ruth Longoria, Lewis B. Morgenstern. 2022. Dementia care needs for individuals and caregivers among Mexican Americans and non-Hispanic Whites. Aging & Mental Health 26(8):1630-1641.
- Emily M. Briceño, Roshanak Mehdipanah, Xavier F. Gonzales, Heeringa,Steven G, Deborah A. Levine, Langa,Kenneth M, Daniel Zahs, Nelda Garcia, Ruth Longoria, Alejandro Vargas, Lewis B. Morgenstern. 2022. Differential Relationships Between the Montreal Cognitive Assessment and Informant-Rated Cognitive Decline Among Mexican Americans and Non-Hispanic Whites. Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neurology 35(2):555-564.
- Khan, Noreen, Garcia, Nelda, Mehdipanah, Roshanak, Briceño, Emily M., Heeringa,Steven G, Levine, Deborah A., Gonzales, Xavier F., Langa,Kenneth M, Longoria, Ruth, Morgenstern, Lewis B.. 2022. Lack of Any Caregiving for Those with Dementia. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 86(2):531-535.
- Xavier F. Gonzales, Heeringa,Steven G, Emily M. Briceño, Roshanak Mehdipanah, Deborah A. Levine, Langa,Kenneth M, Nelda Garcia, Ruth Longoria, Lewis B. Morgenstern. 2022. Mexican Americans Participate in Research More than Expected while non-Hispanic Whites Participate Less than Expected. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved 33(2):590-596.
- Jennifer J. Manly, Richard N. Jones, Kenneth M Langa, Lindsay H Ryan, Deborah A. Levine, Ryan Jay McCammon, Steven G Heeringa, David R Weir. 2022. Estimating the Prevalence of Dementia and Mild Cognitive Impairment in the US: The 2016 Health and Retirement Study Harmonized Cognitive Assessment Protocol Project. JAMA Neurology 79(12):1242-1249.
- Christopher J. Becker, Steven G Heeringa, Wen Chang, Emily M. Briceño, Roshanak Mehdipanah, Deborah A. Levine, Kenneth M Langa, Xavier F. Gonzales, Nelda Garcia, Ruth Longoria, Mellanie V. Springer, Darin B. Zahuranec, Lewis B. Morgenstern. 2022. Differential Impact of Stroke on Cognitive Impairment in Mexican Americans and Non-Hispanic White Americans. Stroke 53:3394-3400.