Vincent L Hutchings
Professor Hutchings’ general interests include public opinion, elections, voting behavior, and African American politics. Professor Hutchings also studies how the size of the African American constituency in congressional districts can influence legislative responsiveness to Black interests. Finally, he is also interested in the ways that campaign communications can “prime” various group identities and subsequently affect candidate evaluations.
- Hutchings, Vincent L. 2015. Race, Punishment, and Public Opinion. Perspectives on Politics 13(3):757-761.
- Hutchings,Vincent L. 2014. RACISM, GROUP POSITION, AND ATTITUDES ABOUT IMMIGRATION AMONG BLACKS AND WHITES. RACISM, GROUP POSITION, AND ATTITUDES ABOUT IMMIGRATION AMONG BLACKS AND WHITES 11(2):419-442.
- Hutchings, Vincent L, Hemphill, Portia R. 2012. Rifts and Tides: The Road to Black Political Representation. Polity 44(1):135-147.
- Valentino, Nicholas A, Brader, Ted, Hutchings, Vincent L, Groenendyk, Eric W, Gregorowicz, Krysha . 2011. Election Night's Alright for Fighting: The Role of Emotions in Political Participation. Journal of Politics 73(1):156-170.
- Hutchings, Vincent L, Valentino, Nicholas A, Berinsky, Adam J, Mendelberg, Tali , Shaker, Lee . 2011. Sex and Race: Are Black Candidates More Likely to be Disadvantaged by Sex Scandals?. Political Behavior 33(2):179-202.
- Hutchings,Vincent L. 2010. Sex and Race: Are black candidates more likely to be disadvantaged by sex scandals?. Sex and Race: Are black candidates more likely to be disadvantaged by sex scandals? :179-202.