Anthony P King
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School and Adjunct Faculty Associate, Research Center for Group Dynamics, Institute for Social Research
- Email Anthony P King
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, and other trauma-related disorders
- Major Depression
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mind-Body Interventions for Anxiety and Trauma
- Self-Compassion in treatments for Depression and Anxiety
- Neurobiology and Neuroimaging of PTSD
- Genetics of PTSD, and Gene x Environment Interaction in Psychiatric Risk and Resilience
- Neurocircuitry of Cognitive-Emotional Regulation
- Neuroimaging of Mindfulness-based Interventions and Meditation
- Zhu, Xi, ..., Anthony P King, et al.. 2023. Neuroimaging-based classification of PTSD using data-driven computational approaches: A multisite big data study from the ENIGMA-PGC PTSD consortium. NeuroImage 283:120412.
- King, Anthony P. 2019. Somatic Health Issues in Trauma-Related Disorders: Effects on Psychobiological Axes Affecting Mental and Physical Health. Person Centered Approach to Recovery in Medicine: Insights from Psychosomatic Medicine and Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry :177-216.
- King, Anthony P, Private: Liberzon, Israel, Kitayama, Shinobu, Yu, Qinggang , Abe, Nobuhito , Yoon, Carolyn . 2019. Cultural variation in the gray matter volume of the prefrontal cortex is moderated by the dopamine D4 receptor gene (DRD4). Cerebral Cortex 29(9):3922-3931.
- King, Anthony P. 2019. Mindfulness-Based Workplace Interventions for Wellness Promotion. Mental Health in the Workplace: Strategies and Tools to Optimize Outcomes :191-208.
- King, Anthony P, Private: Liberzon, Israel, Rauch, Sheila A. M., Kim, H Myra, Powell, Corey , Tuerk, Peter W, Simon, Naomi M, Acierno, Ron , Allard, Carolyn B, Norman, Sonya B, Venners, Margaret R, Rothbaum, Barbara O, Stein, Murray B, Porter, Katherine , Martis, Brian , Phan, K Luan, Hoge, Charles W. 2019. Efficacy of Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Sertraline Hydrochloride, and Their Combination Among Combat Veterans With Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Psychiatry 76(2):117-126.
- King, Anthony P, Fresco, David M. 2019. A neurobehavioral account for decentering as the salve for the distressed mind. Current Opinion in Psychology 28:285-293.
- Weissman, Daniel Howard, King, Anthony P, Private: Liberzon, Israel, Russman Block, Stefanie R, Sripada, Chandra , Angstadt, Mike , Duval, Elizabeth R. 2019. Neural Mechanisms of Spatial Attention Deficits in Trauma. Biological Psychiatry: Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging
- King, Anthony P, Julian, Megan M, Bocknek, Erika L, Mantha, Brody , Beeghly, Marjorie , Rosenblum, Katherine L, Muzik, Maria . 2019. Associations between oxytocin receptor gene (OXTR) polymorphisms, childhood trauma, and parenting behavior. Developmental Psychology 55(10):2135-2146.
- Kitayama, Shinobu, King, Anthony P, Private: Liberzon, Israel, Javanbakht, Arash , Tompson, Steve , Yoon, Carolyn . 2018. Gene by Culture Effects on Emotional Processing of Social Cues among East Asians and European Americans. Behavioral Sciences 8(7):62.
- King, Anthony P, Private: Liberzon, Israel, Kitayama, Shinobu, Tompson, Steven H, Huff, Sarah T, Yoon, Carolyn . 2018. The dopamine D4 receptor gene (DRD4) modulates cultural variation in emotional experience. Culture and Brain 6(2):118-129.