Sunghee Lee is an Associate Research Professor at the Survey Methodology Program. She holds a PhD from the Joint Program in Survey Methodology at the University of Maryland. Before joining the Survey Methodology Program, she served as Survey Methodologist for California Health Interview Survey and an Adjunct Assistant Professor in Biostatistics at UCLA.
Her research interests include sampling and measurement issues in data collection with linguistic and racial minorities as well as hard-to-reach populations and cross-cultural survey methodology.
- Davis, Rachel E., Frederick G Conrad, Dong, Shaohua, Mesa, Anna, Sunghee Lee, Johnson, Timothy P.. 2023. An ounce of prevention: using conversational interviewing and avoiding agreement response scales to prevent acquiescence. Quality & Quantity
- Sunghee Lee, Fernanda Alvarado-Leiton, Wenshan Yu, Rachel Davis, Timothy P.J ohnson. 2022. Developing a short screener for acquiescent respondents. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy 18(5):2817-2829.
- Josh Pasek, Sunghee Lee. 2022. Integrating Data Across Sources. Measurement and Analysis of Public Opinion: An Analytical Framework :161-212.
- Hu,Mengyao, Lee,Sunghee, Hongwei Xu, Roberto Melipillán, Jacqui Smith, Arie Kapteyn. 2022. Improving Anchoring Vignette Methodology in Health Surveys with Image Vignettes. methods, data, analyses 16(2):273-314.
- Lee, Sunghee, Ong, Ai Rene, Private: Chen, Chen, Elliott, Michael R. 2021. Respondent Driven Sampling for Immigrant Populations: A Health Survey of Foreign-Born Korean Americans. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health 23:784-792.
- Elizabeth Vasquez, Weihui Zhang, Joanna Dreby, Lee, Sunghee, Anda Botoseneanu. 2021. Nativity, Family, Disability: Results from the Hispanic Established Populations for the Epidemiologic Study of the Elderly. Ethnicity & Disease 31(2):253-262.
- Lee, Sunghee, Ai Rene Ong, Private: Chen, Chen, Elliott, Michael R. 2020. Respondent Driven Sampling for Immigrant Populations: A Health Survey of Foreign-Born Korean Americans. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health
- Lee, Sunghee, Hu, Mengyao, Mingnan Liu, Private: Kelley, Jennifer. 2020. Quantitative Evaluation of Response Scale Translation Through a Randomized Experiment of Interview Language With Bilingual English- and Spanish-Speaking Latino Respondents. The Essential Role of Language in Survey Research :75-100.
- Lee, Sunghee, Ai Rene Ong, Elliott, Michael R. 2020. Exploring Mechanisms of Recruitment and Recruitment Cooperation in Respondent Driven Sampling. Journal of Official Statistics 36(2):339-360.
- Lee, Sunghee, Private: McClain,Colleen, Dorothée Behr, Katharina Meitinger. 2020. Exploring Mental Models behind Self-rated Health and Subjective Life Expectancy through Web Probing. Field Methods 32(3):309-326.