James W McNally
James McNally is the Director of the NACDA Program on Aging, a data archive containing over 1,500 studies related to health and the aging lifecourse. Originally trained in formal demography at Georgetown University, Dr. McNally developed an interest in gerontology while at Brown University and in policy research while at Syracuse University’s Center for Policy Research. He works primarily on issues of family support and health among the aged, both in the United States and internationally. He does methodological research on the repair of deficient data and has been cited as an expert authority on imputation in deliberations before the U.S. Supreme Court. Most recently, he has been studying the impacts of heterogeneity on health outcomes among elderly U.S. Asian/Pacific Islander populations.
- McNally, James W. 2018. IIntegrating Research on Alzheimer's and Other Dementias into Population Health Models: Overcoming Barriers and Embracing New Opportunities. Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association 14(7):P233-P234.
- Panapasa, Sela V, McNally, James W, Heeringa, Steven G, Williams, David R.. 2015. Impacts of Long-Term Obesity on the Health Status of Samoan and Tongan Men in the United States: Results from the Pacific Islander Health Study. Ethnicity & disease 25(3):279-286.
- Panapasa, Sela V, Private: Jackson, James Sidney, Caldwell, Cleopatra Howard, Heeringa, Steven G, McNally, James W, Williams, David R., Coral, D , Taumoepeau, L , Young, L , Young, S , Fa'asisila, S . 2012. Community-based participatory research approach to evidence-based research: lessons from the Pacific Islander American Health Study. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action 6(1):53-8. PMCID: PMC4156312.
- Little, Roderick J, McNally, James W, An, D . 2010. A multiple imputation approach to disclosure limitation for high-age individuals in longitudinal studies. Statistics in medicine 29(17):1769-1778.
- Panapasa, Sela V, McNally, James W, Williams, David R., Mau, M K. 2010. Mortality Patterns of Native Hawaiians Across Their Lifespan: 1990-2000. American Journal of Public Health 100(11):2304-2310. PMCID: PMC2951954.
- McNally, James W, Phua, Voon . 2008. Men Planning for Retirement: Changing Meanings of Preretirement Planning. Journal of Applied Gerontology 27:588-608.
- McNally, James W, Gutmann, Myron P., Witkowski, Kristine M., Colyer, Corey , JoAnne McFarland, O'Rourke . 2008. Providing Spatial Data for Secondary Analysis: Issues and Current Practices Relating to Confidentiality. Population Research and Policy Review 27(6):639-665. PMCID: PMC2600804.
- Hoelter, Lynette F, Pienta, Amy, McNally, James W, LeClere, Felicia B., Barlow, R E. 2008. Using ICPSR resources to teach sociology. Teaching Sociology 36(1):17-25.
- McNally,James W. 2008. Widowhood and Family Support in the North and South Pacific: A Comparative Review. Widowhood and Family Support in the North and South Pacific: A Comparative Review 15(2-3):29-47.
- McNally, James W, Phua, Voon Chin, Park, Keong-Suk . 2007. Poverty Among Elderly Asian Americans in the 21st Century. Journal of Poverty 11(2):73-92.