Mick P Couper
Dr. Couper’s current research interests include survey non-response, design and implementation of survey data collection, effects of technology on the survey process, and computer-assisted interviewing, including both interviewer-adminstered (CATI and CAPI) and self-administered (web, audio-CASI, IVR) surveys. Many of his current projects focus on the design of web surveys.
- Walzenbach, Sandra, Burton, Jonathan, Mick P Couper, Thomas Fraser Crossley, Jäckle, Annette. 2023. Experiments On Multiple Requests For Consent to Data Linkage in Surveys. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology 11(3):518-540.
- James Robert Wagner, Brady Thomas West, Mick P Couper, Shiyu Zhang, Rebecca Gatward, Raphael Nishimura, Saw, Htay-Wah. 2023. An Experimental Evaluation of Two Approaches for Improving Response to Household Screening Efforts in National Mail/Web Surveys. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology 11(1):124-140.
- William G Axinn, James Robert Wagner, Mick P Couper, Scott Crawford. 2023. Applying Responsive Survey Design to Small-Scale Surveys: Campus Surveys of Sexual Misconduct. Sociological Methods & Research
- Shiyu Zhang, Brady Thomas West, James Robert Wagner, Mick P Couper, Rebecca Gatward, William G Axinn. 2023. Visible Cash, a Second Incentive, and Priority Mail? An Experimental Evaluation of Mailing Strategies for a Screening Questionnaire in a National Push-To-Web/Mail Survey. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
- Stone, Arthur A., Schneider, Stefan, Smyth, Joshua M., Junghaenel, Doerte U., Mick P Couper, Wen, Cheng, Mendez, Marilyn, Velasco, Sarah, Goldstein, Sarah. 2023. A population-based investigation of participation rate and self-selection bias in momentary data capture and survey studies. Current Psychology
- Arthur A. Stone, Stefan Schneider, Joshua M. Smyth, Doerte U. Junghaenel, Cheng Wen, Mick P Couper, Sarah Goldstein. 2023. Shedding light on participant selection bias in Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA) studies: Findings from an internet panel study. PLOS ONE 18(3):e0282591.
- Robert M. Cronin, Xiaoke Feng, Lina Sulieman, Brandy Mapes, Shawn Garbett, Ashley Able, Ryan Hale, Mick P Couper, Heather Sansbury, Brian K. Ahmedani, Qingxia Chen. 2023. Importance of missingness in baseline variables: A case study of the All of Us Research Program. PLOS ONE 18(5):e0285848.
- Annette Jäckle, Burton, Jonathan, Mick P Couper, Thomas Fraser Crossley, Walzenbach, Sandra. 2023. Survey Consent to Administrative Data Linkage: Five Experiments on Wording and Format. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
- Annette Jäckle, Jonathan Burton, Mick P Couper, Thomas Fraser Crossley, Sandra Walzenbach. 2023. How and Why Does the Mode of Data Collection Affect Consent to Data Linkage?. Survey Research Methods 16(3):387-408.
- Vasja Vehovar, Mick P Couper, Gregor Ehovin. 2022. Alternative Layouts for Grid Questions in PC and Mobile Web Surveys: An Experimental Evaluation Using Response Quality Indicators and Survey Estimates. Social Science Computer Review