Sarah Marie Miller
Associate Professor of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, Associate Professor of Business Economics and Public Policy, Stephen M Ross School of Business and Faculty Associate, Population Studies Center, Institute for Social Research
Dr. Miller’s include healthcare and health economics, business economics, and public policy.
- Miller, Sarah Marie, Wherry, Laura R. 2019. The Long-Term Effects of Early Life Medicaid Coverage. Journal of Human Resources 54(3):785-824.
- Miller, Sarah Marie, Wherry, Laura R. 2019. Four Years Later: Insurance Coverage and Access to Care Continue to Diverge between ACA Medicaid Expansion and Non-Expansion States. AEA Papers and Proceedings 109:327-333.
- Miller, Sarah Marie, Hu, Luojia , Kaestner, Robert , Mazumder, Bhashkar , Wong, Ashley . 2018. The effect of the affordable care act Medicaid expansions on financial wellbeing. Journal of Public Economics 163:99-112.
- Miller, Sarah Marie, Carey, Colleen M, Wherry, Laura R. 2018. The Impact of Insurance Expansions on the Already Insured: The Affordable Care Act and Medicare. NBER Working Paper
- Miller, Sarah Marie, Wherry, Laura R. 2017. Health and Access to Care during the First 2 Years of the ACA Medicaid Expansions. New England Journal of Medicine 376(10):947-956.
- Miller, Sarah Marie, Wherry, Laura R, Kaestner, Robert , Meyer, Bruce D. 2017. Childhood Medicaid Coverage and Later-Life Health Care Utilization. The Review of Economics and Statistics 100(2):287-302.
- Buchmueller, Tom, Miller, Sarah Marie, Vujicic, Marko . 2016. How Do Providers Respond to Changes in Public Health Insurance Coverage? Evidence from Adult Medicaid Dental Benefits. American Economic Journal-Economic Policy 8(4):70-102.
- Miller, Sarah Marie, Lipton, Brandy J, Wherry, Laura R, Kenney, Genevieve M, Decker, Sandra . 2016. Previous Medicaid Expansion May Have Had Lasting Positive Effects On Oral Health Of Non-Hispanic Black Children. Health Affairs 35(12):2249-2258.
- Miller, Sarah Marie, Wherry, Laura . 2016. Early coverage, access, utilization, and health effects associated with the Affordable Care Act Medicaid expansions: A quasi-experimental study. Annals of Internal Medicine 164(12):795-803.
- Miller, Sarah Marie, Mazumder, B . 2016. The effects of the Massachusetts health reform on household financial distress. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 8(3):284-313.