Dr. Davis-Kean’s research continues to evolve as she seeks the various pathways that socio-economic status (SES) of parents relates to the outcomes of their children. Davis-Kean’s primary focus is on parental educational attainment and how it can influence the development of the home environment throughout childhood, adolescence, and the transition to adulthood. Achievement is the primary outcome that she studies and she is an expert in the use of standardized test with children as well as using any type of assessment with young children. Davis-Kean stresses the importance of doing quality psychological research through the use of replication methods and large scale data sets. Students who seek to work with her should be willing and excited to learn advanced longitudinal statistics and think deeply about the how children develop within contexts.
- Rebecca Ryan, Pamela Davis-Kean, Leticia Bode, Jule Krüger, Zeina Mneimneh, Lisa Singh. 2023. Parenting online: analyzing information provided by parenting-focused Twitter accounts. Atlantic Journal of Communication 31(3):243-259.
- Lauren A. Tighe, Pamela Davis-Kean. 2023. Economic hardship trajectories of college-educated families living in or near poverty: Assessing predictors and outcomes. Family Relations
- Dearing, Eric, Casey, Beth, Pamela Davis-Kean, Eason, Sarah, Gunderson, Elizabeth, Levine, Susan C., Laski, Elida V., Libertus, Melissa, Lu, Linxi, Lombardi, Caitlin McPherran, Nelson, Ariadne, Ramani, Geetha, Susperreguy, María Inés . 2022. Socioeconomic Variations in the Frequency of Parent Number Talk: A Meta-Analysis. Education Sciences 12(5):312.
- Sammy Ahmed, Alexa Ellis, Kaitlin P. Ward, Natasha Chaku, Pamela Davis-Kean. 2022. Working memory development from early childhood to adolescence using two nationally representative samples. Developmental Psychology 58(10):1962-1973.
- Dearing, Eric, Casey, Beth, Pamela Davis-Kean, Eason, Sarah, Gunderson, Elizabeth, Levine, Susan C., Laski, Elida V., Libertus, Melissa, Lu, Linxi, Lombardi, Caitlin McPherran, Nelson, Ariadne, Ramani, Geetha, María Inés Susperreguy. 2022. Socioeconomic Variations in the Frequency of Parent Number Talk: A Meta-Analysis. Education Sciences 12(5):312.
- Abigail G. Richburg, Dominic P. Kelly, Pamela Davis-Kean, Abby Richburg. 2021. Depression, Anxiety, and Pubertal Timing: Current Research and Future Directions. University of Michigan Undergraduate Research Journal 15
- Private: Waters,Nicholas, Private: Ahmed,Sammy F, Tang, Sandra, Morrison, Frederick J, Davis-Kean, Pamela. 2021. Pathways from socioeconomic status to early academic achievement: The role of specific executive functions. Early Childhood Research Quarterly 54:321-331.
- Margaret Shavlik, Davis-Kean, Pamela, Jessica F. Schwab, Amy E. Booth. 2021. Early word-learning skills: A missing link in understanding the vocabulary gap?. Developmental Science 24(2):e13034.
- Davis-Kean, Pamela, Private: Tighe,Lauren Adams, Private: Waters,Nicholas. 2021. The Role of Parent Educational Attainment in Parenting and Children’s Development. Current Directions in Psychological Science 30(2):186-192.
- Joyce Y. Lee, Andrew C. Grogan-Kaylor, Lee, Shawna Jo, Tawfiq Ammari, Alex Lu, Davis-Kean, Pamela. 2020. A Qualitative Analysis of Stay-At-Home Parents’ Spanking Tweets. Journal of Child and Family Studies 29:817-830.