Louis A Penner
Primary research interest is in psychosocial variables as they affect reactions to life-threatening diseases and the quality of healthcare people receive. He is currently the PI on an NCI grant that focuses on situational and dispositional influences on treatment-related stress among pediatric cancer patients and their families He is also a Co-PI on another NCI grant, in which he studies the impact of race-related attitudes on the quality of cancer treatment racial/ethnic minority patients receive.
- Penner, Louis A, Bai, Jinbing , Swanson, Kristen , Harper, Felicity W. K., Santacroce, Sheila J. 2019. Parent Caring Response Scoring System: development and psychometric evaluation in the context of childhood cancer-related port starts. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences
- Penner, Louis A, Manning, Mark , Albrecht, Terrance L, Purrington, Kristen . 2019. Between-Race Differences in Processes Predicting Physician Communication for African American and European American Recipients of Breast Density Notifications. Annals of Behavioral Medicine 53(8):721-731.
- Trentacosta, Christopher Joseph, Penner, Louis A, Harper, Felicity W. K., Albrecht, Terrance L, Taub, Jeffrey W, Phipps, Sean . 2019. Understanding differences in the long-term psychosocial adjustment of pediatric cancer patients and their parents: an individual differences resources model. Translational Behavioral Medicine 9(3):514-522.
- Penner, Louis A, Hamel, Lauren M, Moulder, Robert , Eggly, Susan , Albrecht, Terrance Lynn, Boker, Steven , Dougherty, David W. 2019. Comparing nonverbal synchrony in racially concordant and racially discordant oncology interactions.. Journal of Clinical Oncology 37(15_suppl):11525.
- Penner, Louis A, Hamel, Lauren M, Dougherty, David W, Manning, Mark A, Albrecht, Terrance Lynn, Heath, Elisabeth I, Carducci, Michael Anthony, Lansey, Dina , Kim, Seongho , Eggly, Susan . 2019. Unpacking clinical trial offers: A qualitative analysis of interactions with physicians and patients potentially eligible for a prostate cancer trial.. Journal of Clinical Oncology 37(15_suppl):e23169.
- Penner, Louis A, Barton, Ellen , Moore, Tanina Foster, Hamel, Lauren , Albrecht, Terrance , Eggly, Susan . 2019. The influence of a question prompt list on patient-oncologist information exchange in an African-American population. Patient Education and Counseling
- Penner, Louis A, Bai, Jinbing , Swanson, Kristen M, Harper, Felicity W. K., Santacroce, Sheila J. 2018. Longitudinal Analysis of Parent Communication Behaviors and Child Distress during Cancer Port Start Procedures. Pain Management Nursing 19(5):487-496.
- Penner, Louis A, Vrana, Scott R, Vrana, Dylan T, Eggly, Susan , Slatcher, Richard B, Hagiwara, Nao . 2018. Latent Semantic Analysis: A new measure of patient-physician communication. Social Science & Medicine 198:22-26.
- Penner, Louis A, Dovidio, John F, Pearson, Adam . 2018. Aversive Racism, Implicit Bias, and Microaggressions. Microaggression Theory: Influence and Implications
- Penner, Louis A, Dovidio, John F, Manning, Mark A, Albrecht, Terrance L, van Ryn, Michelle . 2018. Doing Harm to Some: Patient and Provider Attitudes and Healthcare Disparities. Handbook of Attitudes, Volume 2: Applications