Kaitlin Raimi studies how social motivations promote or prevent sustainable behaviors, especially those related to climate change. She is particularly interested in how people compare their own beliefs and behaviors to those of other people, how the desire to make a good impression can influence people to mitigate climate change, and how one adopting one sustainable behavior affects subsequent environmental decisions. She also has ongoing work on how different ways of framing climate change affect people’s attitudes to climate policy.
- Raimi, Kaitlin, Carrico, Amanda R, Truelove, Heather Barnes, Eby, Brianne . 2019. Putting Your Money Where Your Mouth Is: An Experimental Test of Pro-Environmental Spillover From Reducing Meat Consumption to Monetary Donations. Environment and Behavior
- Raimi, Kaitlin, Hart, Sol, Wolske, Kimberly S, Campbell-Arvai, Victoria . 2019. Public support for carbon dioxide removal strategies: the role of tampering with nature perceptions. Climatic Change 152(3):345-361.
- Raimi, Kaitlin, Maki, Alexander , Dana, David , Vandenbergh, Michael P. 2019. Framing of Geoengineering Affects Support for Climate Change Mitigation. Environmental Communication 13(3):300-319.
- Raimi, Kaitlin, Maki, Alexander , Carrico, Amanda R, Truelove, Heather Barnes, Araujo, Brandon , Yeung, Kam Leung. 2019. Meta-analysis of pro-environmental behaviour spillover. Nature Sustainability 2(4):307-315.
- Raimi, Kaitlin, Gray, Sara Goto, Wilson, Robyn , Árvai, Joseph . 2019. Will Millennials save the world? The effect of age and generational differences on environmental concern. Journal of Environmental Management 242:394-402.
- Raimi, Kaitlin, Jongman-Sereno, Katrina P. 2019. General belief superiority (GBS): Personality, motivation, and interpersonal relations. Self and Identity :1-26.
- Raimi, Kaitlin, Hall, Michael P. 2018. Is belief superiority justified by superior knowledge?. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology 76:290-306.
- Hart, Sol, Raimi, Kaitlin, Campbell-Arvai, Victoria , Wolske, Kimberly S. 2017. The influence of learning about carbon dioxide removal (CDR) on support for mitigation policies. Climatic Change 143(3-4):321-336.
- Raimi, Kaitlin. 2017. ENERGY-SAVING BEHAVIOUR Negative spillover to policy. Nature Climate Change 7(7):473-474.
- Raimi, Kaitlin, Leary, Mark R, Diebels, Kate J, Davisson, Erin K, Jongman-Sereno, Katrina P, Isherwood, Jennifer C, Deffler, Samantha A, Hoyle, Rick H. 2017. Cognitive and Interpersonal Features of Intellectual Humility. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin 43(6):793-813.