Robin Tepper Jacob
Robin Tepper Jacob is a Research Professor at the Institute for Social Research’s Survey Research Center and the School of Education at the University of Michigan. She has a decade and a half of experience conducting rigorous evaluations of educational interventions, with a special interest in how policies and programs can affect the life trajectories of low-income youth. She has expertise in survey design and implementation, the design and implementation of randomized trials and quasi-experimental methods for program evaluation. Her work in low-income schools has focused on interventions that were designed to target a wide range of outcomes including: school readiness, early literacy skills, mathematics achievement, executive functioning, social-emotional skills and health related outcomes. Before joining the faculty at the University of Michigan, she worked for Abt Associate Inc. in Cambridge, MA where she served as the Deputy Project Director for the Reading First Impact Study commissioned by the U.S. Department of Education. Dr. Jacob earned her Ph.D. in public policy from the University of Chicago.
- Shira Mattera, Marie-Andree Somers, Robin Tepper Jacob, Pamela Morris-Perez. 2023. The Design of Making Pre-K count and High Fives: Two-Stage, Multiyear Random Assignment at Different Levels. Evaluation Review 47(4):701-726.
- Robin Tepper Jacob, Megan Foster Friedman. 2023. The Impact of Modest Cash Incentives on Home Visiting Enrollment and Participation. American Journal of Health Economics
- Katja Robinson, Deb Hubbard, Robin Tepper Jacob, Anna Erickson, Mimi Engel. 2023. Variation in Mathematics Content Coverage, Instructional Grouping, and Representational Strategies. The Elementary School Journal
- Meghan P. McCormick, Shira K. Mattera, Michelle F. Maier, Samantha Xia, Robin Jacob, Pamela A. Morris. 2022. Different settings, different patterns of impacts: Effects of a Pre-K math intervention in a mixed-delivery system. Early Childhood Research Quarterly 58:136-154.
- Elizabeth Koschmann, Robin Jacob, Katja Robinson, Megan Foster Friedman, Anna Foster, Natalie Rodriguez-Quintana, Jennifer Vichich, Maureen Smith, Hersheena Rajaram. 2022. Mental health needs in a large urban school district: Findings from a web-based survey. Health Services Research 57(4):830-841.
- Mimi Engel, Jacob, Robin Tepper, Amy Claessens, Anna Erickson. 2021. Kindergarten in a Large Urban District. Educational Researcher
- Jacob, Robin Tepper, Anna Erickson, Shira Mattera. 2020. Evaluating the Impact of Small Group Supplemental Math Enrichment in Kindergarten. Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness 13(3):381-407.
- Jacob, Robin Tepper, Doolittle, Fred , Kemple, James , Somers, Marie-Andrée . 2019. A Framework for Learning From Null Results. Educational Researcher 48(9):580-589.
- Jacob, Robin Tepper, Hart Erickson, Anna, Mattera, Shira . 2019. Evaluating the Impact of Small Group Supplemental Math Enrichment in Kindergarten. Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness
- Jacob, Robin Tepper, Hill, Heather C, Corey, Douglas Lyman. 2018. Dividing by Zero: Exploring Null Results in a Mathematics Professional Development Program. Teacher's College Record 120(6)