Lindsay H Ryan
Lindsay Ryan is an Associate Research Scientist at the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research. She received her Ph.D. in 2008 from the Pennsylvania State University in Human Development and Family Studies. Dr. Ryan is an investigator on several ongoing research projects, all of which involve an interest in better measuring and understanding the processes by which adults change over the life course. Her research interests include investigating individual and contextual influences on well-being, physical health, and cognition across adulthood, with a particular focus on the impact of social relations.
- Jennifer J. Manly, Richard N. Jones, Kenneth M Langa, Lindsay H Ryan, Deborah A. Levine, Ryan Jay McCammon, Steven G Heeringa, David R Weir. 2022. Estimating the Prevalence of Dementia and Mild Cognitive Impairment in the US: The 2016 Health and Retirement Study Harmonized Cognitive Assessment Protocol Project. JAMA Neurology 79(12):1242-1249.
- Lee, Haena, Ryan, Lindsay H, Ofstedal, Mary Beth, Smith, Jacqui. 2021. Multigenerational Households During Childhood and Trajectories of Cognitive Functioning Among U.S. Older Adults. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B 76(6):1161-1172.
- Lee, Sunghee, Elizabeth Vasquez, Ryan, Lindsay H, Smith, Jacqui. 2020. Measurement Equivalence of Subjective Well-Being Scales under the Presence of Acquiescent Response Style for the Racially and Ethnically Diverse Older Population in the United States. Survey Research Methods 14(4):417-437.
- Private: Lee,Haena, Ryan, Lindsay H, Mary Beth Ofstedal, Smith, Jacqui. 2020. Multigenerational Households during Childhood and Trajectories of Cognitive Functioning Among U.S. Older Adults. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B
- Langa, Kenneth M, Ryan, Lindsay H, McCammon, Ryan Jay, Sonnega, Amanda J, Weir, David R, Jones, Richard N, Manly, Jennifer J, Levine, Deborah A, Farron, Madeline . 2020. The Health and Retirement Study Harmonized Cognitive Assessment Protocol Project: Study Design and Methods. Neuroepidemiology 54:64-74.
- Ryan, Lindsay H, Ng, Linda S, Guralnik, Jack M, Man, Cora , DiGuiseppi, Carolyn , Strogatz, David , Eby, David W, Molnar, Lisa J, Betz, Marian E, Hill, Linda , Li, Guohua , Crowe, Christopher L, Mielenz, Thelma J. 2020. Association of Physical Function With Driving Space and Crashes Among Older Adults. The Gerontologist 60(1):69-79.
- Ryan, Lindsay H. 2019. The impact of the Great Recession on educational pursuits in adulthood in the US. Longitudinal and Life Course Studies 10(2):241-257.
- William J. Chopik, Nicky J. Newton, Ryan, Lindsay H, Todd B. Kashdan, Aaron J. Jarden. 2019. Gratitude across the life span: Age differences and links to subjective well-being. The Journal of Positive Psychology 14(3):292-302.
- Ryan, Lindsay H, Smith, Jacqui, Yung, Raymond, Eby, David W, Molnar, Lisa J, Zakrajsek, Jennifer S, Zanier, Nicole , St. Louis, Renée M, Stanciu, Sergiu C, LeBlanc, David , Bogard, Scott , Kostyniuk, Lidia P, Nyquist, Linda , Betz, Marian E, DiGuiseppi, Carolyn , Jones, Vanya , Li, Guohua , Mielenz, Thelma J, Strogatz, David . 2019. Factors related to rapid deceleration events among a large cohort of older drivers. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour 66:76-86.
- Ryan, Lindsay H, Smith, Jacqui, Yung, Raymond, Zanier, Nicole , Molnar, Lisa J, Eby, David W, Kostyniuk, Lidia P, Zakrajsek, Jennifer S, Louis, Renée M. St, Stanciu, Sergiu C, LeBlanc, David J, Nyquist, Linda V, DiGuiseppi, Carolyn , Li, Guohua , Mielenz, Thelma J, Strogatz, David , Team, t LongROAD Research. 2019. Improving Safe Mobility: An Assessment of Vehicles and Technologies among a Large Cohort of Older Drivers. Occupational Therapy In Health Care 33(1):1-21.