Denise J Sekaquaptewa
University Diversity and Social Transformation Professor, Professor of Psychology, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and Faculty Associate, Research Center for Group Dynamics, Institute for Social Research
- Email Denise J Sekaquaptewa
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, Takahashi, Koji , Malley, Janet , Herzog, Keith , Bliss, Sara . 2019. An evidence-based faculty recruitment workshop influences departmental hiring practice perceptions among university faculty. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, Lewis, Neil A, Meadows, Lorelle A. 2019. Modeling gender counter-stereotypic group behavior: a brief video intervention reduces participation gender gaps on STEM teams. Social Psychology of Education 22(3):557-577.
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, Gainsburg, Izzy . 2019. Using an egalitarian social norms message to improve attitudes toward diversity in an academic context: examining intended and unintended effects of source and recipient gender. Social Psychology of Education
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, Lewis, Neil A. 2016. Beyond test performance: a broader view of stereotype threat. Current Opinion in Psychology 11:40-43.
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, LaCosse, Jennifer , Bennett, Jill . 2016. STEM Stereotypic Attribution Bias Among Women in an Unwelcoming Science Setting. Psychology of Women Quarterly 40(3):378-397.
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, von Hippel, Courtney , McFarlane, Matthew . 2015. Stereotype Threat Among Women in Finance: Negative Effects on Identity, Workplace Well-Being, and Recruiting. Psychology of Women Quarterly 39(3):405-414.
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, Bennett, Jill E. 2014. Setting an egalitarian social norm in the classroom: improving attitudes towards diversity among male engineering students. Social Psychology of Education 17(2):343-355.
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, Betz, Diana E, Ramsey, Laura R. 2013. Perceiving race relevance in everyday events: Target race matters, perceiver race does not. Group Processes & Intergroup Relations 16(6):699-716.
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, Ramsey, Laura R, Betz, Diana E. 2013. The effects of an academic environment intervention on science identification among women in STEM. Social Psychology of Education 16(3):377-397.
- Sekaquaptewa, Denise J, Betz, Diana E. 2012. My Fair Physicist? Feminine Math and Science Role Models Demotivate Young Girls. Social Psychological and Personality Science 3(6):738-746.