Jennifer Ann Smith
Dr. Smith received her Ph.D. in Epidemiology, M.P.H. in Health Management and Policy, and M.A. in Statistics from the University of Michigan. She is currently a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Research Assistant Professor in the Survey Research Center at the Institute for Social Research and is affiliated with the Center for Integrated Approaches to Health Disparities (CIAHD), the Michigan Center on the Demography of Aging (MiCDA), and the Center for Midlife Science. Her research focuses on the “omic” epidemiology of chronic diseases and their risk factors. She is particularly interested in the impact of social and psychosocial factors on the genomic, epigenomic, and transcriptomic profiles underlying risk of dementia and cognitive decline.
- Jacquelyn Y. Taylor, Yunfeng Huang, Wei Zhao, Michelle L. Wright, Zeyuan Wang, Qin Hui, Stephanie Potts-Thompson, Veronica Barcelona, Laura Prescott, Yutong Yao, Cindy Crusto, Sharon L. R. Kardia, Jennifer Ann Smith, Yan V. Sun. 2023. Epigenome-wide association study of BMI in Black populations from InterGEN and GENOA. Obesity 31(1):243-255.
- Jinkook Lee, ..., Jennifer Ann Smith, Wei Zhao, Kenneth M Langa, et al.. 2023. Deep phenotyping and genomic data from a nationally representative study on dementia in India. Scientific Data 10:45.
- Chen, Fang, ..., Jessica Danielle Faul, Jennifer Ann Smith, David R Weir, Wei Zhao, et al.. 2023. Multi-ancestry transcriptome-wide association analyses yield insights into tobacco use biology and drug repurposing. Nature Genetics 55:291-300.
- Julie Hahn, ..., Jennifer Ann Smith, Wei Zhao, et al.. 2023. DNA methylation analysis identifies novel genetic loci associated with circulating fibrinogen levels in blood. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis 21(5):1135-1147.
- Wei Zhao, Jennifer Ann Smith, Wang, Yi Zhe, Chintalapati, Manjusha, Ammous, Farah, Yu, Miao, Moorjani, Priya, Ganna, Andrea, Gross, Alden, Dey, Sharmistha, Benerjee, Joyita, Chatterjee, Prasun, Dey, Aparajit B, Lee, Jinkook, Kardia, Sharon L R. 2023. Polygenic risk scores for Alzheimer's disease and general cognitive function are associated with measures of cognition in older South Asians from LASI-DAD. The Journals of Gerontology: Series A 78(5):743-752.
- Junyu Chen, Qin Hui, Zeyuan Wang, Francis P. Wilson, Kaku So-Armah, Matthew S. Freiberg, Amy C. Justice, Ke Xu, Wei Zhao, Farah Ammous, Jennifer Ann Smith, Sharon L. R Kardia, Marta Gwinn, Vincent C. Marconi, Yan V. Sun. 2023. Epigenome-wide meta-analysis reveals differential DNA methylation associated with estimated glomerular filtration rate among African American men with HIV. Kidney International Reports 8(5):1076-1086.
- Yuankai Zhang, ..., Wei Zhao, Jennifer Ann Smith, et al.. 2023. Association of Mitochondrial DNA Copy Number With Brain MRI Markers and Cognitive Function: A Meta-analysis of Community-Based Cohorts. Neurology 100(18):e1930-e1943.
- Shang, Lulu, Wei Zhao, Wang, Yi Zhe, Li, Zheng, Choi, Jerome J., Kho, Minjung, Mosley, Thomas H., Kardia, Sharon L. R., Jennifer Ann Smith, Zhou, Xiang. 2023. meQTL mapping in the GENOA study reveals genetic determinants of DNA methylation in African Americans. Nature Communications 14(1):1-16.
- Leis, Aleda M., Mathis, Michael R., Kheterpal, Sachin, Zawistowski, Matthew, Mukherjee, Bhramar, Pace, Nathan, O'Reilly-Shah, Vikas N., Jennifer Ann Smith, Karvonen-Gutierrez, Carrie A.. 2023. Cardiometabolic disease and obesity patterns differentially predict acute kidney injury after total joint replacement: a retrospective analysis. British Journal of Anaesthesia 131(1):37-46.
- Nuzulul Kurniansyah, ..., Jennifer Ann Smith, et al.. 2023. Evaluating the use of blood pressure polygenic risk scores across race/ethnic background groups. Nature Communications 14:3202.