Michael W Traugott
Professor Traugott studies the mass media and their impact on American politics. This includes research on the use of the media by candidates in their campaigns and its impact on voters, as well as the ways that campaigns are covered and the impact of this coverage on candidates. He has a particular interest in the use of surveys and polls and the way news organizations employ them to cover campaigns and elections
- Traugott, Michael W, Lavrakas, P J, Kennedy, C , de Leeuw, E D, Holbrook, A . 2019. Experimental Methods in Survey Research: Techniques that Combine Random Sampling with Random Assignment.
- Pasek, Josh, Traugott, Michael W, Kuru, Ozan . 2019. When Polls Disagree: How Competitive Results and Methodological Quality Shape Partisan Perceptions of Polls and Electoral Predictions. International Journal of Public Opinion Research
- Traugott, Michael W, Lavrakas, Paul J, Miller, Peter V. 2019. Presidential Polls and the News Media. :243.
- Traugott, Michael W. 2019. Cyberwar: How Russian Hackers and Trolls Helped Elect a President-What We Don't, Can't, and Do Know. Public Opinion Quarterly 83(1):166-168.
- Traugott, Michael W, Jardina, Ashley . 2019. The Genesis of the Birther Rumor: Partisanship, Racial Attitudes, and Political Knowledge. Journal of Race, Ethnicity and Politics 4(1):60-80.
- West, Brady Thomas, Traugott, Michael W, Lavrakas, Paul J, Kennedy, Courtney , Leeuw, Edith D. de, Holbrook, Allyson L. 2019. Probability Survey-Based Experimentation and the Balancing of Internal and External Validity Concerns. Experimental Methods in Survey Research :1-18.
- Pasek, Josh, Traugott, Michael W, Kuru, Ozan . 2017. Motivated Reasoning in the Perceived Credibility of Public Opinion Polls. Public Opinion Quarterly 81(2):422-446.
- Traugott, Michael W. 2014. Public Opinion Polls and Election Forecasting. PS: Political Science & Politics 47(2):342-344.
- Traugott, Michael W. 2014. New Directions in Presidential-Election Research. Public Opinion Quarterly 78(S1):201-203.
- Traugott, Michael W. 2011. Prospects for Pre-election Polls in the Early 2012 Presidential Primaries. Survey Practice 4(6)