James Robert Wagner
Research Professor, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research and Adjunct Lecturer in Quant Methods and Social Science Program, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
Dr. Wagner is a survey statistician. His research is in the areas of responsive or adaptive design, nonresponse bias, and data quality measures. He also develops and implements responsive design plans on large surveys.
- Shiyu Zhang, Brady Thomas West, James Robert Wagner, Mick P Couper, Rebecca Gatward, William G Axinn. 2023. Visible Cash, a Second Incentive, and Priority Mail? An Experimental Evaluation of Mailing Strategies for a Screening Questionnaire in a National Push-To-Web/Mail Survey. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
- Shiyu Zhang, Brady Thomas West, James Robert Wagner, Rebecca Gatward. 2023. Incorporating Adaptive Survey Design in a Two-Stage National Web or Mail Mixed-Mode Survey: An Experiment in the American Family Health Study. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
- James Robert Wagner, Centeno, Lena, Dulaney, Richard, Edwards, Brad, Tuba Suzer Gurtekin, Coffey, Stephanie. 2023. Proxy Survey Cost Indicators in Interviewer-Administered Surveys: Are they Actually Correlated with Costs?. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
- Brady Thomas West, Shiyu Zhang, James Robert Wagner, Rebecca Gatward, Saw Htay Wah, William G Axinn. 2023. Methods for improving participation rates in national self-administered web/mail surveys: Evidence from the United States. PLOS ONE 18(8):e0289695.
- William G Axinn, James Robert Wagner, Mick P Couper, Scott Crawford. 2023. Applying Responsive Survey Design to Small-Scale Surveys: Campus Surveys of Sexual Misconduct. Sociological Methods & Research
- James Robert Wagner, Xinyu Zhang, Michael R Elliott, Brady Thomas West, Coffey, Stephanie M. 2023. An experimental evaluation of a stopping rule aimed at maximizing cost-quality trade-offs in surveys. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A: Statistics in Society
- Frances H. Gabbay, Gary H. Wynn, Matthew W. Georg, Sarah M. Gildea, Chris J. Kennedy, Andrew J. King, Nancy A. Sampson, Robert J. Ursano, Murray B. Stein, James Robert Wagner, Ronald C. Kessler, Vincent F. Capaldi II. 2023. Toward personalized care for insomnia in the US Army: development of a machine learning model to predict response to pharmacotherapy. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine 19(8):1399-1410.
- James Robert Wagner, Brady Thomas West, Mick P Couper, Shiyu Zhang, Rebecca Gatward, Raphael Nishimura, Saw, Htay-Wah. 2023. An Experimental Evaluation of Two Approaches for Improving Response to Household Screening Efforts in National Mail/Web Surveys. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology 11(1):124-140.
- Ai Rene Ong, Robert Schultz, Sofi Sinozich, Jennifer Sinibaldi, Brady Thomas West, James Robert Wagner, John Finamore. 2022. A User-Driven Method for Using Research Products to Empirically Assess Item Importance in National Surveys. Journal of Official Statistics 38(4):1235-1251.
- Zhang,Shiyu, Wagner,James Robert, Elisabeth Gerber, Morenoff,Jeffrey D. 2022. What Parcel Tax Records Tell Us About Homeownership Measurement in Surveys. Survey Research Methods 16(2):133-145.