Noah J Webster
Noah J. Webster, Ph.D. is an Associate Research Scientist in the Life Course Development Program at the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research. Dr. Webster’s research focuses on the interrelated themes of: 1) the bidirectional influences of health, health-related behaviors and social relationships; and 2) the role of environmental and social contexts in shaping health disparities across the life course. He has a Ph.D. in Sociology from Case Western Reserve University with specializations in Medical Sociology and Research Methods. Dr. Webster is co-investigator on a number of ongoing sponsored research projects including, the longitudinal study of Social Relations, Aging and Health funded by the National Institute on Aging; a study of Humility and Forgiveness: The Role of Social Relations among Three Ethnic Groups funded by the Templeton Foundation; and a multidisciplinary study to assess the impact of green infrastructure in Detroit funded by the University of Michigan Water Center through a grant from the Erb Family Foundation. He was co-investigator, collaborating with Drs. Antonucci and Kahn on a recently completed McArthur Foundation funded experimental field study to examine the impact of a multifaceted intervention in affordable senior housing communities. Dr. Webster also is Assistant Director of the Society 2030 Consortium, a program that brings together university and industry representatives to identify the key social and economic trends that will shape the future, and to develop a “roadmap” to guide planning and policy, as well as further research.
- Kristine J Ajrouch, Rita Xiaochen Hu, Noah J Webster, Toni C Antonucci. 2023. Friendship trajectories and health across the lifespan.
- Yoshikawa, Aya, Bouldin, Erin D, López-Anuarbe, Mónika, Kindratt, Tiffany B, Dominique LaDawn Sylvers, Noah J Webster. 2023. Use of Caregiving Support Services among Diverse Dementia Caregivers by Geographic Context. The Gerontologist
- Kindratt, Tiffany B, Sylvers, Dominique L, Yoshikawa, Aya, López-Anuarbe, Mónika, Noah J Webster, Bouldin, Erin D. 2023. Dementia Caregiving Experiences and Health Across Geographic Contexts by Race and Ethnicity. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B 78(Supplement_1):S48-S58.
- Ángela Gutiérrez, Mónika López-Anuarbe, Noah J Webster, Elham Mahmoudi. 2023. Rural-Urban Health Care Cost Differences Among Latinx Adults With and Without Dementia in the United States. Journal of Aging and Health
- Noah J Webster, Toni C Antonucci, Kristine J Ajrouch. 2022. Linked Lives and Convoys of Social Relations. Advances in Life Course Research 54:100502.
- Suzuki, Rie, Blackwood, Jennifer, Webster,Noah J, Shah, Shailee. 2021. Functional Limitations and Perceived Neighborhood Walkability Among Urban Dwelling Older Adults. Frontiers in Public Health [Epub] [Full Text]
- Joan Iverson Nassauer, Webster,Noah J, Natalie Sampson, Jiayang Li. 2021. Care and safety in neighborhood preferences for vacant lot greenspace in legacy cities. Landscape and Urban Planning 214:104156.
- Webster, Noah J, Ajrouch, Kristine J, Antonucci, Toni C. 2021. Volunteering and health: The role of social network change. Social Science & Medicine 285:114274.
- Webster, Noah J, Francis, Jessica, Antonucci, Toni C. 2020. Smart Living for Older People and the Aging Consumer. The Aging Consumer: Perspectives from Psychology and Marketing
- Kimson E. Johnson, Sol,Ketlyne, Briana N. Sprague, Tamara Cadet, Elizabeth Muñoz, Webster,Noah J. 2020. The Impact of Region and Urbanicity on the Discrimination-Cognitive Health Link Among Older Blacks. Research in Human Development 17(1):4-19.