Brady Thomas West
Brady T. West is a Research Professor in the Survey Methodology Program, located within the Survey Research Center at the Institute for Social Research on the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (U-M) campus. He earned his PhD from the Michigan Program in Survey Methodology in 2011. Before that, he received an MA in Applied Statistics from the U-M Statistics Department in 2002, being recognized as an Outstanding First-year Applied Masters student, and a BS in Statistics with Highest Honors and Highest Distinction from the U-M Statistics Department in 2001. His current research interests include the implications of measurement error in auxiliary variables and survey paradata for survey estimation, survey nonresponse, interviewer variance, and multilevel regression models for clustered and longitudinal data. He is the lead author of a book comparing different statistical software packages in terms of their mixed-effects modeling procedures (Linear Mixed Models: A Practical Guide using Statistical Software, Second Edition, Chapman Hall/CRC Press, 2014), and he is a co-author of a second book entitled Applied Survey Data Analysis (with Steven Heeringa and Pat Berglund), the second edition of which was published by Chapman Hall in June of 2017. He lives in Dexter, MI with his wife Laura, his son Carter, his daughter Everleigh, and his American Cocker Spaniel Bailey.
- James Robert Wagner, Brady Thomas West, Mick P Couper, Shiyu Zhang, Rebecca Gatward, Raphael Nishimura, Saw, Htay-Wah. 2023. An Experimental Evaluation of Two Approaches for Improving Response to Household Screening Efforts in National Mail/Web Surveys. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology 11(1):124-140.
- Traci Lyn Carson, Brady Thomas West, Kendrin Sonneville, Ronald F Zernicke, Philippa J Clarke, Sioban Harlow, Carrie Karvonen-Gutierrez. 2023. Identifying latent classes of Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport (RED-S) consequences in a sample of collegiate female cross country runners. British Journal of Sports Medicine 57:153-159.
- Arianna M. Gard, Luke Williamson Hyde, Steven G Heeringa, Brady Thomas West, Colter Mitchell. 2023. Why weight? Analytic approaches for large-scale population neuroscience data. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience 59:101196.
- Shiyu Zhang, Brady Thomas West, James Robert Wagner, Mick P Couper, Rebecca Gatward, William G Axinn. 2023. Visible Cash, a Second Incentive, and Priority Mail? An Experimental Evaluation of Mailing Strategies for a Screening Questionnaire in a National Push-To-Web/Mail Survey. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology
- Seidenberg, Andrew B, Moser, Richard P, Brady Thomas West. 2023. Preferred Reporting Items for Complex Sample Survey Analysis (PRICSSA). Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology 11(4):743-757.
- James Robert Wagner, Xinyu Zhang, Michael R Elliott, Brady Thomas West, Coffey, Stephanie M. 2023. An experimental evaluation of a stopping rule aimed at maximizing cost-quality trade-offs in surveys. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A: Statistics in Society
- Benjamin W Domingue, Ryan Jay McCammon, Brady Thomas West, Kenneth M Langa, David R Weir, Jessica Danielle Faul. 2023. The Mode Effect of Web-Based Surveying on the 2018 U.S. Health and Retirement Study Measure of Cognitive Functioning. Journals of Gerontology: Series B 78(9):1466-1473.
- Luisa Kcomt, Carol J. Boyd, Rebecca Evans-Polce, Philip Todd Veliz, Curtiss Wayne Engstrom, Brady Thomas West, Sean Esteban McCabe. 2023. Ethnic Discrimination, Sexual Orientation Discrimination, and DSM-5 Alcohol Use Disorder Among U.S. Latino or Hispanic Adults. Journal of Homosexuality
- Brady Thomas West, Shiyu Zhang, James Robert Wagner, Rebecca Gatward, Saw Htay Wah, William G Axinn. 2023. Methods for improving participation rates in national self-administered web/mail surveys: Evidence from the United States. PLOS ONE 18(8):e0289695.
- William G Axinn, Brady Thomas West, Heather Marie Schroeder. 2023. Forced intercourse in America: a pandemic update. BMC Public Health 23(1):1-8.