Dean C Yang
Professor of Public Policy, Gerald R Ford School of Public Policy, Professor of Economics, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and Research Professor, Population Studies Center, Institute for Social Research
Dr. Yang’s research deals with the economic problems of developing countries, focusing on international migration, micro-finance, disasters and risk, human capital, international trade, and crime and corruption.
- Montero, Eduardo, Yang, Dean C. 2021. Religious Festivals and Economic Development: Evidence from Catholic Saint Day Festivals in Mexico. NBER Working Paper Series [Epub]
- Yang, Dean C, Carter, Michael R, Laajaj, Rachid . 2019. Temporary agricultural input subsidies have lasting impacts: The Mozambique experiment. VoxDev 13.10.19
- Yang, Dean C, Shrestha, Slesh A. 2019. Facilitating Worker Mobility: A Randomized Information Intervention among Migrant Workers in Singapore. Economic Development and Cultural Change 68(1):63-91.
- Yang, Dean C, Barua, Rashmi , Shastry, Gauri Kartini. 2019. Financial education for female foreign domestic workers in Singapore. Economics of Education Review :101920.
- Silverman, Daniel Susman, Yang, Dean C, Giné, X , Goldberg, J . 2018. Revising Commitments: Field Evidence on the Adjustment of Prior Choices. The Economic Journal 128(608):159-188.
- Yang, Dean C, Brune, Lasse , Giné, Xavier , Goldberg, Jessica . 2017. Savings defaults and payment delays for cash transfers: Field experimental evidence from Malawi. Journal of Development Economics 129(Supplement C):1-13.
- Yang, Dean C. 2017. Migration policies for development. Revue d'Economie du Developpement 25(1):75-95.
- Yang, Dean C, Brune, Lasse , Giné, Xavier , Goldberg, Jessica . 2016. Facilitating Savings for Agriculture: Field Experimental Evidence from Malawi. Economic Development and Cultural Change 64(2):187-220.
- Yang, Dean C, Beam, Emily , Mckenzie, David . 2016. Unilateral Facilitation Does Not Raise International Labor Migration from the Philippines. Economic Development and Cultural Change 64(2):323-368.
- Hicken, Allen D, Yang, Dean C, Ravanilla, Nico M., Leider, Stephen . 2015. Measuring Vote-Selling: Field Evidence from the Philippines. American Economic Review 105(5):352-356.