Erin Bakshis Ware
Dr. Ware has a doctoral degree in epidemiology and master’s degrees in statistics and public health. Dr. Ware’s work for has been focused on health disparities in psychiatric epidemiology and high throughput statistical analysis of genomic data and its relationship to outcomes that show marked disparities across race/ethnic groups, socioeconomic groups and sexes. She also has experience in exploring the relationships among genomic, transcriptomic, and epigenetic data and their interactions with behavioral and socioeconomic risk factors as determinants of chronic disease phenotypes that disproportionately affect minorities using cutting-edge computational methods. She is currently a research assistant professor in the Population, Neurodevelopment, and Genetics group in the Survey Research Center integrating biological and social data on a large scale. She has worked and published on the Health and Retirement Study, the Genetic Epidemiology Network of Arteriopathy, and the Army Study to Assess Risk and Resilience in Service members. She teaches statistics, statistical programming, and epidemiology and is particularly skilled at relaying complex computational, statistical and genetic concepts to social scientists and lay persons.
- Kira S Birditt, Angela Elizabeth Turkelson, Polenick, Courtney A, Cranford, James A, Jennifer Ann Smith, Erin Bakshis Ware, Blow, Frederic C. 2023. Alcohol Use and Mortality among Older Couples in the United States: Evidence of Individual and Partner Effects. The Gerontologist
- Allison Reiner, Kelly M. Bakulski, Jonah Fisher, John F Dou, Lisa Schneper, Colter Mitchell, Daniel A. Notterman, Matthew Zawistowski, Erin Bakshis Ware. 2023. Sex-specific DNA methylation in saliva from the multi-ethnic Future of Families and Child Wellbeing Study. Epigenetics 18(1)
- Tejera, César Higgins , Erin Bakshis Ware, Lindsay Kobayashi, Mingzhou Fu, Margaret Takako Hicken, Zawistowski, Matthew, Mukherjee, Bhramar, Bakulski, Kelly M.. 2023. Decomposing interaction and mediating effects of race/ethnicity and circulating blood levels of cystatin C on cognitive status in the United States health and retirement study. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience 17
- Anna R. Docherty, ..., Erin Bakshis Ware, et al.. 2023. GWAS Meta-Analysis of Suicide Attempt: Identification of 12 Genome-Wide Significant Loci and Implication of Genetic Risks for Specific Health Factors. American Journal of Psychiatry 180(10):723-738.
- Freida A. Blostein, Jonah Fisher, John Dou, Lisa Schneper, Erin Bakshis Ware, Daniel A. Notterman, Colter Mitchell, Kelly M. Bakulski. 2022. Polymethylation scores for prenatal maternal smoke exposure persist until age 15 and are detected in saliva in the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing cohort. Epigenetics 17(13):2223-2240.
- Niamh Mullins, ..., Erin Bakshis Ware, et al.. 2022. Dissecting the Shared Genetic Architecture of Suicide Attempt, Psychiatric Disorders, and Known Risk Factors. Biological Psychiatry 91(3):313-327.
- Kolli, Ajay, Zhou, Yunshu, Chung, Grace, Erin Bakshis Ware, Kenneth M Langa, Josh Ehrlich. 2022. Interactions between the apolipoprotein E4 gene and modifiable risk factors for cognitive impairment: a nationally representative panel study. BMC Geriatrics 22:938.
- Zhang, Xinman, Ammous, Farah, Lin, Lisha, Ratliff, Scott M., Erin Bakshis Ware, Jessica Danielle Faul, Wei Zhao, Kardia, Sharon L. R., Jennifer Ann Smith. 2022. The Interplay of Epigenetic, Genetic, and Traditional Risk Factors on Blood Pressure: Findings from the Health and Retirement Study. Genes 13(11):1959.
- Lauren Y. M. Middleton, John Dou, Jonah Fisher, Jonathan A. Heiss, Vy K. Nguyen, Allan C. Just, Faul, Jessica Danielle, Ware, Erin Bakshis, Mitchell, Colter, Justin A. Colacino, Kelly M. Bakulski. 2021. Saliva cell type DNA methylation reference panel for epidemiological studies in children. Epigenetics
- Mariaelisa Graff, Anne E. Justice, Kristin L. Young, Eirini Marouli, Xinruo Zhang, Rebecca S. Fine, Elise Lim, Victoria Buchanan, Kristin Rand, Mary F. Feitosa, Mary K. Wojczynski, Lisa R. Yanek, Yaming Shao, Rebecca Rohde, Adebowale A. Adeyemo, Melinda C. Aldrich, Matthew A. Allison, Christine B. Ambrosone, Stefan Ambs, Christopher Amos, Donna K. Arnett, Larry Atwood, Elisa V. Bandera, Traci Bartz, Diane M. Becker, Sonja I. Berndt, Leslie Bernstein, Lawrence F. Bielak, William J. Blot, Erwin P. Bottinger, Donald W. Bowden, Jonathan P. Bradfield, Jennifer A. Brody, Ulrich Broeckel, Gregory Burke, Brian E. Cade, Qiuyin Cai, Neil Caporaso, Chris Carlson, John Carpten, Graham Casey, Stephen J. Chanock, Guanjie Chen, Minhui Chen, Yii-Der I. Chen, Wei-Min Chen, Alessandra Chesi, Charleston W. K. Chiang, Lisa Chu, Gerry A. Coetzee, David V. Conti, Richard S. Cooper, Mary Cushman, Ellen Demerath, Sandra L. Deming, Latchezar Dimitrov, Jingzhong Ding, W. Ryan Diver, Qing Duan, Michele K. Evans, Adeyinka G. Falusi, Faul, Jessica Danielle, Myriam Fornage, Caroline Fox, Barry I. Freedman, Melissa Garcia, Elizabeth M. Gillanders, Phyllis Goodman, Omri Gottesman, Struan F. A. Grant, Xiuqing Guo, Hakon Hakonarson, Talin Haritunians, Tamara B. Harris, Curtis C. Harris, Brian E. Henderson, Anselm Hennis, Dena G. Hernandez, Joel N. Hirschhorn, Lorna Haughton McNeill, Timothy D. Howard, Barbara Howard, Ann W. Hsing, Yu-Han H. Hsu, Jennifer J. Hu, Chad D. Huff, Dezheng Huo, Sue A. Ingles, Marguerite R. Irvin, Esther M. John, Karen C. Johnson, Joanne M. Jordan, Edmond K. Kabagambe, Sun J. Kang, Sharon L. Kardia, Brendan J. Keating, Rick A. Kittles, Eric A. Klein, Suzanne Kolb, Laurence N. Kolonel, Charles Kooperberg, Lewis Kuller, Abdullah Kutlar, Leslie Lange, Carl D. Langefeld, Loic Le Marchand, Hampton Leonard, Guillaume Lettre, Albert M. Levin, Yun Li, Jin Li, Yongmei Liu, Youfang Liu, Simin Liu, Kurt Lohman, Vaneet Lotay, Yingchang Lu, William Maixner, JoAnn E. Manson, Barbara McKnight, Yan Meng, Keri L. Monda, Kris Monroe, Jason H. Moore, Thomas H. Mosley, Poorva Mudgal, Adam B. Murphy, Rajiv Nadukuru, Mike A. Nalls, Katherine L. Nathanson, Uma Nayak, Amidou N’Diaye, Barbara Nemesure, Christine Neslund-Dudas, Marian L. Neuhouser, Sarah Nyante, Heather Ochs-Balcom, Temidayo O. Ogundiran, Adesola Ogunniyi, Oladosu Ojengbede, Hayrettin Okut, Olufunmilayo I. Olopade, Andrew Olshan, Badri Padhukasahasram, Julie Palmer, Cameron D. Palmer, Nicholette D. Palmer, George Papanicolaou, Sanjay R. Patel, Curtis A. Pettaway, Patricia A. Peyser, Michael F. Press, D. C. Rao, Laura J. Rasmussen-Torvik, Susan Redline, Alex P. Reiner, Suhn K. Rhie, Jorge L. Rodriguez-Gil, Charles N. Rotimi, Jerome I. Rotter, Edward A. Ruiz-Narvaez, Benjamin A. Rybicki, Babatunde Salako, Michele M. Sale, Maureen Sanderson, Eric Schadt, Pamela J. Schreiner, Claudia Schurmann, Ann G. Schwartz, Daniel A. Shriner, Lisa B. Signorello, Andrew B. Singleton, David S. Siscovick, Smith, Jennifer Ann, Shad Smith, Elizabeth Speliotes, Margaret Spitz, Janet L. Stanford, Victoria L. Stevens, Alex Stram, Sara S. Strom, Lara Sucheston, Yan V. Sun, Salman M. Tajuddin, Herman Taylor, Kira Taylor, Bamidele O. Tayo, Michael J. Thun, Margaret A. Tucker, Dhananjay Vaidya, David J. Van Den Berg, Sailaja Vedantam, Mara Vitolins, Zhaoming Wang, Ware, Erin Bakshis, Sylvia Wassertheil-Smoller, Weir, David R, John K. Wiencke, Scott M. Williams, L. Keoki Williams, James G. Wilson, John S. Witte, Margaret Wrensch, Xifeng Wu, Jie Yao, Neil Zakai, Krista Zanetti, Babette S. Zemel, Wei Zhao, Jing Hua Zhao, Wei Zheng, Degui Zhi, Jie Zhou, Xiaofeng Zhu, Regina G. Ziegler, Joe Zmuda, Alan B. Zonderman, Bruce M. Psaty, Ingrid B. Borecki, L. Adrienne Cupples, Ching-Ti Liu, Christopher A. Haiman, Ruth Loos, Maggie C. Y. Ng, Kari E. North. 2021. Discovery and fine-mapping of height loci via high-density imputation of GWASs in individuals of African ancestry. The American Journal of Human Genetics