Mary Beth Ofstedal
Dr. Ofstedal is a demographer whose work focuses on population aging. She is a Research Scientist at the Institute for Social Research, where she serves as a Co-Investigator and Associate Director on the Health and Retirement Study. Her research interests include intergenerational relations and support, the connections between socioeconomic status and health, transitions in health and functioning in old-age, utilization of health and long-term care services, methodological issues relating to panel surveys, and comparative research.
- Mary Beth Ofstedal, Gabor Kezdi, Mick P Couper. 2022. Data quality and response distributions in a mixed-mode survey. Longitudinal and Life Course Studies 13(4):621-646.
- Xu, Xiao, Liang, Jersey, Raymo, James M., Kim, BoRin, Mary Beth Ofstedal. 2022. Defining Childlessness Among Middle-Aged and Older Americans: A Research Note. Demography 59(3):813-826.
- Lee, Haena, Ryan, Lindsay H, Ofstedal, Mary Beth, Smith, Jacqui. 2021. Multigenerational Households During Childhood and Trajectories of Cognitive Functioning Among U.S. Older Adults. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B 76(6):1161-1172.
- Libby, Gillian, Zimmer, Zachary, Kingston, Andrew, Haviva, Clove, Chiu, Chi-Tsun, Mary Beth Ofstedal, Saito, Yasuhiko, Jagger, Carol. 2021. Are Religiosity and Spirituality Related to Self-Reported Health Expectancy? An Analysis of the European Values Survey. Journal of Religion and Health 61:2590-2604.
- Raymo, James M, Xu, Xiao, Kim, BoRin, Liang, Jersey, Ofstedal, Mary Beth. 2021. Later-Life Living Arrangements of Americans with and without Children: A Lifetable Approach. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B
- Ofstedal, Mary Beth, Private: McClain,Colleen, Couper, Mick P. 2021. Measuring Cognition in a Multi-Mode Context. Advances in Longitudinal Survey Methodology :250-271.
- Ofstedal, Mary Beth. 2020. Data Sources for Health Expectancy Research. International Handbook of Health Expectancies :69-86.
- Ofstedal, Mary Beth, Zimmer, Zachary , Chiu, Chi-Tsun , Saito, Yasuhiko , Lin, Yu-Hsuan , Jagger, Carol . 2020. Does Religious Activity Distinguish the Mortality Experiences of Older Taiwanese? An Analysis Using Eighteen Years of Follow-Up Data. Journal of Religion and Health 59:289-308.
- Ofstedal, Mary Beth, Chiu, Chi-Tsun , Jagger, Carol , Saito, Yasuhiko , Zimmer, Zachary . 2019. Religion, Life Expectancy and Disability-Free Life Expectancy Among Older Women and Men in the United States. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B
- Ofstedal, Mary Beth, Zimmer, Zachary , Rojo, Florencia , Chiu, Chi-Tsun , Saito, Yasuhiko , Jagger, Carol . 2019. Religiosity and health: A global comparative study. SSM - Population Health 7:100322.