Felichism W. Kabo
Assistant Research Scientist, SRC-Social Envir & Health
Felix Kabo obtained his professional architecture degree and Ph.D. from the University of Michigan. His primary research interest is how physical and social contexts shape outcomes related to: collaboration and innovation; and aging, dementia, and health disparities. Addressing these issues entails applying advanced social science analytical approaches including sociospatial network science. It also calls for synthesizing and analyzing complex datasets covering individual- (e.g. race, gender, cognitive functioning, etc.) and contextual-level factors (e.g. social networks, amenities, services, etc.).
- Michigan Center for Urban African American Aging Research. James S. Jackson, Toni C. Antonucci, Robert J. Taylor, Jacqui Smith, Jamie Mitchell, Briana M. Ratliff, Amy M. Pienta, Daphne C. Watkins, James W. McNally, Felichism W. Kabo, Kristine J. Ajrouch, Lenwood W. Hayman, Bruno J. Giordani, Helen G. Levy, Elham Mahmoudi, Lenette Michelle Jones. 2018-2023. NIA.
- The Impact of the Academic Library on Learning in the University. Felichism W. Kabo, Stephanie D. Teasley, James L. Hilton. 2018-2021.
- Social Relations, Aging and Health: Competing Theories and Emerging Complexities - Kabo Administrative Supplement. Toni C. Antonucci, Felichism W. Kabo. 2016-2018. NIA.
- Boomers, Entrepreneurship, and Retirement 2030. Felichism W. Kabo, Philippa J. Clarke, Toni C. Antonucci, Jessica D. Faul, Lindsay H. Ryan. 2015-2018. Kauffman, Ewing Marion, Foundation.
- Kabo, Felichism W. 2018. "The architecture of network collective intelligence: correlations between social network structure, spatial layout and prestige outcomes in an office." Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 373(1753).
- Kabo, Felichism W., and George A. Mashour. 2017. "Effect of a Clinical and Translational Science Award institute on grant funding in a major research university." Journal of Clinical and Translational Science 1(2): 88-93.
- Kabo, Felichism W. Forthcoming. "A Model of Potential Encounters in the Workplace: The Relationships of Homophily, Spatial Distance, Organizational Structure, and Perceived Networks." Environment and Behavior
- Kabo, Felichism W., Yongha Hwang, Margaret C. Levenstein, and Jason D. Owen-Smith. 2015. "Shared Paths to the Lab: A Sociospatial Network Analysis of Collaboration." Environment and Behavior 47(1): 57-84.
- Kabo, Felichism W., Natalie Cotton-Nessler, Yongha Hwang, Margaret C. Levenstein, and Jason D. Owen-Smith. 2014. "Proximity effects on the dynamics and outcomes of scientific collaborations." Research Policy 43(9): 1469-1485.
- Wineman, Jean, Yongha Hwang, Felichism W. Kabo, Jason D. Owen-Smith, and Gerald F. Davis. 2014. "Spatial Layout, Social Structure, and Innovation in Organizations." Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design 41(6): 1100-1112.
- Wineman, Jean D., Felichism W. Kabo, and Gerald F. Davis. 2009. "Spatial and Social Networks in Organizational Innovation." Environment and Behavior 41(3): 427-442.
- Kabo, Felichism W. 2006. "The US non-wood, non-metal primary building materials sector in flux: A sectoral analysis and a proposed materials development and innovation framework." Automation in Construction 15(4): 383-397.