Susan M. Jekielek
Assistant Research Scientist, ICPSR - Membership Archives
Dr. Jekielek directs operations of ICPSR's Education and Child Care Data Archives. While at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, she oversaw a portfolio of early care and education research grants, and worked with agencies across the government to track and improve measurement of child and family well-being in national surveys. She also participated on the design team for the National Study of Early Care and Education. Her research interests lie in work and family, family policy, and child well-being.
- College and Beyond: The 21st Century -- Planning Grant Stage 2. Paul N. Courant, Margaret C. Levenstein, Lynette F. Hoelter, Susan M. Jekielek, Susan H. Leonard. 2018-2018.
- Advancing Core STEM Research Through Scientific Studies and Capacity Building with Large-Scale Data Resources. Susan M. Jekielek, Jared A. Lyle. 2018-2020.
- College and Beyond: The 21st Century -- A Planning Grant. Paul N. Courant, Margaret C. Levenstein, Susan M. Jekielek, Lynette F. Hoelter, Susan H. Leonard. 2018-2018. Mellon.
- Data Training and Dissemination Activities for the Youth Participatory Politics Survey Project (YPP). Susan M. Jekielek. 2017-2018. MacArthur, John D. and Catherine T., Foundation.
- Under Construction: The Rise, Spread and Consequences of the Common Core State Standards Initiative in the U.S. Education Sector. Brian P. Rowan, David K. Cohen, Chandra L. Alston, George C. Alter, Susan M. Jekielek. 2016-2019. Spencer Foundation.
- Civic Learning, Engagement, and Action Data Sharing (CivicLEADS). Susan M. Jekielek. 2014-2019. Spencer Foundation.
- Child Care and Early Education Research Connections. Susan M. Jekielek, Margaret C. Levenstein. 2013-2018. HHS Administration for Children and Families.
- Providing Data Preparation and Archiving Services to the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Susan M. Jekielek. 2009-2016. NCAA.
- Pienta, Amy M., Dharma Raell Akmon, Justin Ryan Noble, Lynette F. Hoelter, and Susan M. Jekielek. 2018. "A Data-Driven Approach to Appraisal and Selection at a Domain Data Repository." International Journal of Digital Curation 2017(12): 2.
- Wildsmith, Elizabeth, Jennifer Manlove, Susan M. Jekielek, Kristin Anderson Moore, and Lisa Mincieli. 2012. "Teenage Childbearing Among Youth Born to Teenage Mothers." Youth and Society 44(2): 258-283.
- Jekielek, Susan M., and Kristin Moore. 2007. "Family Structure and Child Outcomes." in Encyclopedia of Sociology, edited by George Ritzer. Oxford, England: Blackwell.
- Wertheimer, Richard, Susan M. Jekielek, Zakia Redd, and Kristin Moore. 2005. "Government Policies as External Influences on Work-Family Trade-offs." Pp. 155-163 in Work, Family, Health and Well-being, edited by Suzanne Bianchi, Lynne Casper and Rosalind King. Mahwah, N.J: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Menaghan, Elizabeth G., Frank Mott, Elizabeth Cooksey, and Susan M. Jekielek. 2000. "Work and family patterns: Effects across generations." Journal of Socio-Economics 29(6): 587-590.
- Jekielek, Susan M. 1998. "Parental Conflict, Marital Disruption, and Children's Emotional Well Being." Social Forces 76(3): 905-936.
- Cooksey, Elizabeth C., Elizabeth G. Menaghan, and Susan M. Jekielek. 1997. "Lifecourse Effects of Work and Family Circumstances on Children." Social Forces 76(2): 637-665.