Joelle Hillary Abramowitz
Assistant Research Scientist, SRC-HRS
Joelle Abramowitz's research interests include health insurance, medical expenditures, time use, marriage, fertility, and general health topics. She joined the Survey Research Center in 2016.
- HRS Yrs 29-34. (David R. Weir, Kenneth M. Langa, Mary B. Ofstedal, Joelle Hillary Abramowitz, Charles C. Brown, Helen G. Levy, Mick P. Couper, Chichun Fang, Jessica D. Faul, Steven G. Heeringa, Sharon R. Kardia, Sunghee Lee, Lindsay H. Ryan, Jacqui Smith, Jennifer A. Smith, Amanda J. Sonnega, Erin B. Ware, Robert J. Willis, Gabor Kezdi) 2018-2023.
- Health and Retirement Study Yrs 23-28. (David R. Weir, Kenneth M. Langa, Mary B. Ofstedal, Charles C. Brown, Sharon R. Kardia, Helen G. Levy, Jacqui Smith, Robert J. Willis, Jessica D. Faul, Steven G. Heeringa, John Bound, Mick P. Couper, Sunghee Lee, Richard L. Valliant, Amanda J. Sonnega, Chichun Fang, Lindsay H. Ryan, Brooke Helppie-McFall, Bruno J. Giordani, Lauren L. Schmitz, Jennifer A. Smith, Joelle Hillary Abramowitz, Colter M. Mitchell) 2012-2017. NIA.
- Abramowitz, Joelle Hillary. Forthcoming. "Planning parenthood: the Affordable Care Act young adult provision and pathways to fertility." Journal of Population Economics
- Abramowitz, Joelle Hillary. Forthcoming. "The Effect of ACA State Medicaid Expansions on Medical Out-of-Pocket Expenditures." Med Care Res Rev SAGE Publications Inc.
- Abramowitz, Joelle Hillary. 2017. "Assisted Reproductive Technology and Women's Timing of Marriage and Childbearing." Journal of Family and Economic Issues 38(1): 100-117.
- Abramowitz, Joelle Hillary, Brett O'Hara, and Darcy Steeg Morris. 2017. "Risking Life and Limb: Estimating a Measure of Medical Care Economic Risk and Considering its Implications." Health Economics 26: 469-485.
- Abramowitz, Joelle Hillary. 2016. "The connection between working hours and body mass index in the US: a time use analysis." Review of Economics of the Household 14(1): 131-154. NEW YORK; 233 SPRING ST, NEW YORK, NY 10013 USA: SPRINGER.
- Abramowitz, Joelle Hillary. 2016. "Saying, "I Don't": The Effect of the Affordable Care Act Young Adult Provision on Marriage." Journal of Human Resources 51(4): 933-960. University of Wisconsin Press.
- Abramowitz, Joelle Hillary, and Brett O’Hara. 2016. "New Estimates of Offer and Take-Up of Employer-Sponsored Insurance." Medical Care Research and Review 74(5): 595-612.
- Abramowitz, Joelle Hillary, and Brett O’Hara. 2015. "The Financial Burden of Medical Spending: Estimates and Implications for Evaluating the Impact of ACA Reforms." Medical Care Research and Review 72(2): 187-199.
- Abramowitz, Joelle Hillary. 2014. "Turning back the ticking clock: the effect of increased affordability of assisted reproductive technology on women's marriage timing." Journal of Population Economics 27(2): 603-633. NEW YORK; 233 SPRING ST, NEW YORK, NY 10013 USA: SPRINGER.