ANN ARBOR – An advisory committee has been formed to assist with the search for a new director of the Institute for Social Research.
Thomas Finholt, dean of the School of Information, is chairing the committee. It is charged with conducting a broad search and presenting an unranked slate of recommended candidates. The process is underway.
ISR Director David Lam will step down June 30, 2020, after completing a five-year term.
Additional members of the search committee include:
- Richard D. Gonzalez, Amos N. Tversky Collegiate Professor of Psychology and Statistics, professor of psychology and statistics, LSA; professor of marketing, Stephen M. Ross School of Business; research professor and director of the Research Center for Group Dynamics, ISR; and professor of integrative systems and design, College of Engineering.
- Robert M. Groves, U-M alumnus; former director of the Survey Research Center, ISR; provost and Gerald J. Campbell, S.J. Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics and the Department of Sociology, Georgetown University.
- Erin Ice, doctoral student and graduate student instructor, Department of Sociology, LSA; trainee in the Population Studies Center, ISR.
- H.V. Jagadish, Bernard A. Galler Collegiate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, professor of electrical engineering and computer science, College of Engineering; director of the Michigan Institute for Data Science.
- Felix Kabo, assistant research scientist, Survey Research Center, ISR.
- Fiona Lee, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor, associate dean for diversity, equity, inclusion and professional development, and professor of psychology, LSA.
- Margaret C. Levenstein, research professor, School of Information; research professor, Survey Research Center, ISR; research professor and director of the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research, ISR.
- Helen G. Levy, research professor, Survey Research Center, ISR; research professor, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy; and research professor in health management, School of Public Health.
- Bhramar Mukherjee, John D. Kalbfleisch Professor of Biostatistics, professor and chair of biostatistics, and professor of epidemiology and global public health, Public Health.
- Jason Owen-Smith, professor of sociology and organizational studies, LSA; professor of public policy, Ford School; executive director of research analytics, U-M Office of Research; research professor, Survey Research Center, ISR; and executive director of the Institute for Research on Innovation & Science.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, Lawrence R. Klein Collegiate Professor of Economics, professor of economics, LSA; research professor and director of the Survey Research Center, ISR.
- Catherine S. Thibault, assistant director for administration, Survey Research Center, ISR.
To nominate prospective candidates or ask questions of the committee, send an email to ISRfirstname.lastname@example.org.
By Hanna Quinlan, Public Affairs
Adapted from an Aaticle originally published in the University Record.