Jon D. Miller
Research Scientist, CPS
Research Scientist, Soe-Educational Studies
Jon's expertise is in the measurement and analysis of the public understanding of science and technology. Jon has measured the public understanding of science and technology in the United States for the last three decades, and has examined the factors associated with the development of attitudes toward science and science policy.
- United States Participation in the 2016-17 World Values Survey. Jon D. Miller, Ronald F. Inglehart. 2016-2019. National Science Foundation.
- Demonstration of a feasibility of improving scientific literacy and lifelong learning through a just-in-time dissemination process: NASA 5-4-2015. Jon D. Miller, Mark Steven Ackerman. 2016-2021. National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- NASA Supplement for Summer 2017 Eclipse Survey. Jon D. Miller. 2016-2021. NASA.
- Longitudinal Study of American Youth (LSAY). Jon D. Miller, Brady T. West, Jacqui Smith. 2014-2019. NIA.
- The Scientific Virtues: A proposal for a National Survey of the Ethical Perceptions of Scientific Leaders. Jon D. Miller. 2013-2017. Templeton.
- Miller, Jon D., and Belén Laspra. 2017. "Generation X in Mid-Life: A Summary from the Longitudinal Study of American Life." Generations 41(3): 27-33.
- Miller, Jon D. 2013. "The American People and Science Policy: The Role of Public Attitudes in the Policy Process." New York: Pergamon.
- Tan, H., Edward Norton, Z. Ye, K. Hafez, J. Gore, and Jon D. Miller. 2012. "Long-term survival following partial vs radical nephrectomy among older patients with early-stage kidney cancer." JAMA 307(15): 1629-35.
- Kimmel, Linda, Jon D. Miller, and Jacquelynne S. Eccles. 2012. "Do the Paths to STEMM Professions Differ by Gender?" Peabody Journal of Education 87(1): 92-113.
- Miller, Jon D., and Linda Kimmel. 2012. "Pathways to a STEMM Profession." Peabody Journal of Education 87(1): 26-45.
- Miller, Jon D., and Willie Pearson Jr. 2012. "Pathways to STEMM Professions for Students From Noncollege Homes." Peabody Journal of Education 87(1): 114-132.
- Solberg, V. Scott, Linda Kimmel, and Jon D. Miller. 2012. "Pathways to STEMM Support Occupations." Peabody Journal of Education 87(1): 77-91.
- Fuchs, Bruce A., and Jon D. Miller. 2012. "Pathways to Careers in Medicine and Health." Peabody Journal of Education 87(1): 62-76.
- Jr, Willie Pearson, and Jon D. Miller. 2012. "Pathways to an Engineering Career." Peabody Journal of Education 87(1): 46-61.
- Miller, Jon D., and V. Scott Solberg. 2012. "The Composition of the STEMM Workforce: Rationale for Differentiating STEMM Professional and STEMM Support Careers." Peabody Journal of Education 87(1): 6-15.
- Miller, Jon D. 2012. "The sources and impact of civic scientific literacy." Pp. 217-240 in The Culture of Science: How the Public Relates to Science across the Globe, edited by Martin W. Bauer, Rajesh Shukla, Nick Allum. New York: Routledge.
- Miller, Jon D., Michael R. Kotowski, Robert L. Comis, Sandi W. Smith, Kami J. Silk, Diane D. Colaizzi, and Linda Kimmel. 2011. "Measuring Cancer Clinical Trial Understanding." Health Communication 26(1): 82-93.
- Miller, Jon D. 2011. "To improve science literacy, researchers should run for school board." Nature Medicine 17(1): 21.